The exciting new capabilities in version 2.2 of expressor were requested by our growing customer base, which has deployed expressor in a variety of challenging applications
Las Vegas (Vocus) April 12, 2010
expressor software announced today at the Gartner Business Intelligence Summit version 2.2 of the expressor semantic data integration system, which features enhanced semantic rationalization and team development capabilities, additional database connectivity and expanded Microsoft platform support.
expressor also announced four new partnership agreements today that extend the company’s reach in key markets and geographies. See the respective announcements for more details:
- Teradata will collaborate to deliver affordable enterprise-class data integration and data warehousing solutions for small-to-medium size businesses (SMBs)
- partnering with Attunity will enable expressor to offer change data capture (CDC) and legacy data connectivity functionality for seamless access and delivery of data across heterogeneous sources
- Meta Analytix will use the expressor semantic data integration system to deliver high-performance data integration solutions to the healthcare informatics market
- Novedea, a Texas-based Microsoft-certified systems integrator focused on business intelligence solutions, will strengthen expressor’s presence in the Southern US.
“The exciting new capabilities in version 2.2 of expressor were requested by our growing customer base, which has deployed expressor in a variety of challenging applications,” said Dr. Michael Waclawiczek, VP of marketing, expressor software. “Many of these features also help lay the groundwork for the game-changing usability we will deliver in version 3.0 of the expressor semantic data integration system later this year.”
“Semantic integration techniques are enabling greater efficiency and reusability for services deployed for data migration, synchronization and access. They are also improving the management of business rules in data warehouses,” said Mark A. Beyer, co-author and vice president, Gartner. 1
“American Tower recently is replacing its existing ETL tool with expressor to improve the performance of our enterprise data warehouse program, which is consolidating more than 50 data marts spread across 25 business areas,” said Geoff Speare, manager, business intelligence and data warehousing, American Tower. “expressor’s unique semantic rationalization capabilities and powerful datascript scripting language are helping American Tower increase the timeliness and accuracy of our business reporting by reducing data loading times and facilitating complex data transformations.”
expressor 2.2: enhancements and new features
- new “automatic” semantic rationalization option enables quick data access for tactical, time-boxed data integration/migration projects
- new internal data typing capabilities support the handling of very large data values for pharmaceutical, healthcare and financial applications
- higher-granularity control for large expressor projects
- enhanced security model provides tighter integration with existing user authorization systems, including LDAP, MS Active Directory, and Kerberos
- expressor metadata repository now based on PostgreSQL for improved metadata management capabilities, better backup and recovery
- enhanced connectivity framework allows expressor to quickly respond to customer requirements for new relational data sources and targets
- new in-SQL connector provides ability to extend data processing into the DBMS and more effectively process data wherever it makes most sense
Microsoft platform support
- expressor 2.2 adds support for Windows 7, Windows 2008 Server, IE8, SQL Server 2008
- enhanced SQL Server bulk loader
- includes several field-developed custom integration utilities/scripts to tightly integrate with SSIS Control Flows
In a recent white paper published by SQL Server Magazine, Microsoft SQL Server MVP and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) expert Andy Leonard said, “expressor can extend SSIS by improving performance, abstracting connectivity to heterogeneous, sources and destinations, and reducing the complexity of transformations while improving code reuse. The cost of ownership aspects of the expressor solution also provide an intriguing option for organizations as they confront some of the frontiers of larger scale and more complex environments.”
1 Gartner, “Cool Vendors in Data Management and Integration, 2009” Mark A. Beyer, et al. March 2009.
about expressor software
expressor software delivers enterprise-class data integration at an affordable cost. The expressor semantic data integration system rationalizes your metadata around common business terms, enabling your organization to develop more flexible and efficient data warehouses and deliver more accurate BI reporting. expressor’s high-performance parallel data processing engine is optimized for today’s growing and increasingly complex data volumes. And our usage-based pricing means expressor costs up to 80 percent less than competitive offerings.
expressor targets departmental data integration projects in Global 2000 and mid-market organizations across North America and EMEA. The company has customers in financial services, database marketing, healthcare and telecommunications, including American Tower, Integrated DNA, Moffitt Cancer Center, Sybron Dental Specialties and Viverae. For more information, visit http://www.expressor-software.com.
©2010 expressor software corporation. expressor, expressor semantic data integration system, smart semantics, intelligent load and go, and redefining data integration are trademarks of expressor software corporation. All other trademarks or trade names are properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.