Denver, CO (PRWEB) April 12, 2010
Pearson eCollege will host Pearson CiTE, a technology and online learning conference, from Monday, April 12th through Wednesday, April 14th at the Sheraton Downtown Denver Hotel in Denver, CO. Pearson CiTE 2010 is a forum for discussion and the exchange of information on the uses of innovative learning strategies within higher education globally.
The theme for this year's conference is "Navigating the New World of Learning" and will feature thought leaders from a broad range of institutions addressing topics including innovation and creativity for student and program assessments, teaching and learning tools and pioneering devices, enterprise learning environments, and solutions that promote student engagement and success.
Pearson eCollege is a trusted and innovative leader in powering online learning programs and a part of Pearson, a global leader in education, technology and services. Pearson eCollege's flagship product - Pearson LearningStudio - represents the next generation in learning management systems and provides a comprehensive, flexible and fully supported SaaS environment for online personalized learning in higher education. The Pearson LearningStudio suite provides for both full-service and self-directed personalized learning environments that are designed to ensure greater engagement and measureable success for educators and students alike.
"At Pearson, we're committed to furthering innovation and creativity in education, not only through our products and services, but through industry-leading, thought leadership forums such as CiTE," said Matt Leavy, CEO of Pearson eCollege. "With CiTE 2010, our goal is to provide faculty, administrators and executives in higher education with engaging and thought provoking opportunities to connect with a network of like-minded professionals and share best practices for navigating and succeeding in the evolving landscape of higher education."
The CiTE 2010 event will feature an impressive array of keynote speakers and distinguished lecturers, including:
- Chris Anderson, Editor-in-Chief, Wired - The New Economics of Media in a Tablet Age
o The arrival of the iPad and a host of other tablets represent the arrival of a new medium, perhaps the most important one for media companies since the Web. Wired and Conde Nast have been at the forefront of this, creating the first digital magazines for the tablet. Mr. Anderson will discuss the lessons learned and the emerging business models in this new market.
- Tom Kelley, General Manager, IDEO - The Ten Faces of Innovation: Thriving in an Environment of Continuous Change
o Mr. Kelley's presentation will highlight the meta-lessons IDEO has learned from working with its worldwide clients on thousands of innovation programs over 30 years. This presentation will explore how adopting powerful creative roles can make innovation personal--in a way that yields renewed energy and improved agility for individuals, teams and institutions.
- Dr. Larry Johnson, CEO, New Media Consortium - Seven Ways Technology is Unfolding, Everywhere We Look
o Dr. Johnson, founder of the Horizon Project, will outline the pathways of innovation and technological evolution that he believes are deeply impacting how we think about our world, and how we teach, learn, create and even communicate.
In addition to the three keynote speakers, Pearson has lined up a collection of industry experts who will speak as part of the "Distinguished Lecturer" series. This series provides a high-level perspective of the state of education, technology and online learning appropriate to an executive level audience. The distinguished lecturers include:
- Cameron Evans, National and Chief Technology Officer, Microsoft Corporation
- Phil Hill, Executive Vice President, Delta Initiative
- Petermax Miller, Motivational Speaker and Author of Unstoppable Attitude
- Mike Moran, Author of Search Engine Marketing, Inc. and Do it Wrong Quickly: How the Web Changes the Old Marketing Rules
- Mary Lou Roberts, Author of Internet Marketing: Integrating Online and Offline Strategies and Direct Marketing Management, 2nd ed
Pearson CiTE 2010 will feature several concurrent breakout sessions divided into four unique learning tracks. They include:
- Enterprise Learning Environments - Sessions will explore best practices and methods for managing and improving student retention, program growth and efficacy of education programs.
- Innovation and Creativity for Student and Program Assessments - Sessions will review innovative approaches and resources used for the creation, delivery and assessment of education.
- Solutions that Promote Student Engagement and Success - Sessions will discuss new and engaging academic content, assessment and technologies for classroom and online instruction.
- Teaching and Learning Tools and Pioneering Devices - Sessions will focus on approaches to teaching students in on-ground, online, blended and mobile learning environments, as well as developments in theories of teaching and learning.
Those interested in registering or learning more about Pearson's CiTE 2010 conference can visit: http://www.pearsoncite.com.
About Pearson eCollege
Pearson eCollege is a trusted and innovative leader in powering personalized online learning programs and a part of Pearson (NYSE: PSO), a global leader in education, technology and services. Pearson eCollege's flagship product - Pearson LearningStudio - represents the next generation in learning management systems and provides a comprehensive, flexible and fully supported cloud computing environment for online personalized learning in higher education. Pearson eCollege's SaaS-based education solutions advance, improve, and measure the teaching and learning experience in a vast range of educational institutions and programs.
Pearson has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing (NYSE: PSO).
Media Contact: Susan Aspey or (800) 745-8489
# # #