New York (PRWEB) April 13, 2010
ZAPmedia, leading publisher of under reported historical fiction, today announced that 1939 - Into the Dark by Dr. Paula Phelan has been named Reader Views Literary Award Winner for the Northeast Region. The annual Reader Views literary awards were established to honor writers who self-published or had their books published by a subsidy publisher, small press, university press, or independent book publisher geared for the North American reading audience.
1939 - Into The Dark:
- A historical fiction novel by award-winning author Dr. Paula Phelan, 1939-Into The Dark explores a pivotal year in American History marked by depression, the beginning of World War II and the cultural and artistic climax of the twentieth century.
- The novel follows the lives of fictional and historical characters such as Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia, J. Edgar Hoover, Lillian Hellman, Dashiel Hammet, Ayn Rand, Eleanor Roosevelt, Clark Gable, Carole Lombard, W.H. Auden and Clifford Odets throughout the pivotal events of 1939 including sports, art and politics.
- "1939 - Into The Dark is an unprecedented and unique look at many of the critical and under reported events of a pivotal year in U.S. history," said author Paula Phelan. "Recognition from a respected literary organization such as Reader Views validates the immense efforts I dedicated to researching and writing this novel that shares an often overlooked piece of history with my readers. It is an honor to receive this award."
- Historical-Fiction.com says: "These are very important years in American history and Paula Phelan puts characters and facts together to make fascinating and unforgettable stories."
- 1939 - Into The Dark: http://zapmedia.com/books/
- Author Paula Phelan: http://zapmedia.com/authors/
- Reader Views: http://readerviews.com/Awards2009Winners.html
- Historical Novel Society: http://www.historicalnovelsociety.org/
- Historical Fiction.com: http://historical-fiction.com/?p=420
- Amazon: http://bit.ly/8DVmo
ZAPmedia is a boutique publisher of books, art and Web content located in New York City. Its primary goal is to identify and promote the works of new authors and artists that have exceptional and original talent, a vast wellspring of creative potential and are just beginning to find their voice and audience. ZAPmedia can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.zapmedia.com.
# # #