Toronto, ON (PRWEB) April 12, 2010
Realstar Hospitality recently presented 28 awards to its top hotels and staff. The annual Awards of Recognition pay tribute to the leading Days Inns across Canada.
“Days Inns - Canada is always looking to recognize its top hotels and staff for their outstanding efforts year after year,” said Irwin Prince, president and COO, Realstar Hospitality. “Once again, our brand is well represented by the dedicated men and women who represent the Days Inn family day in and day out.”
Awards of Recognition Recipients included:
- 2009 Property of the Year, 75 rooms and under: Days Inn & Suites - Langley, British Columbia
- 2009 Property of the Year, 76 - 125 rooms: Days Inn - Barrie, Ontario
- 2009 Property of the Year, more than 125 rooms: Days Inn - Regina, Saskatchewan
- 2009 New Property of the Year: Days Inn & Suites - Cochrane, Alberta
- 2009 General Manager of the Year: Sophia Marinescu, Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls, By The Falls, Centre Street, Ontario
- 2009 Best Sales Efforts of the Year: Days Inn - Montreal Downtown, Quebec
- 2009 Best Marketing Efforts of the Year: Days Inn - Edmonton South, Alberta
- 2009 Highest Wyndham Rewards Enrollments: Days Inn & Conference Centre - Kingston, Ontario
- 2009 Housekeeping Award: Days Inn - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- 2009 Maintenance Engineer of the Year: Marc Tabisaura, Days Inn - Montreal Downtown, Quebec
- 2009 Best Renovation of the Year: Days Inn - Berthierville, Quebec
- 2009 Best Overall Positive Guest Experience (+GX) Satisfaction Award: Days Inn - Thunder Bay North, Ontario
- 2009 Best Overall Positive Guest Experience (+GX) Improvement Award: Days Inn - Edmonton Downtown, Alberta
- 2009 Humanitarian Award: Days Inn - Regina, Saskatchewan
- 2009 Management Company of the Year: Dimension 3 Hospitality
Days Inn hotels that receive the highest quality assurance scores receive the coveted Chairman’s Award for Quality. These hotels continuously go above and beyond in daily operations and customer service requirements.
Chairman’s Award for Quality winners for 2009 included:
- Days Inn & Conference Centre - Penticton, British Columbia (General Manager Joe Morelli)
- Days Inn - Calgary Airport, Alberta (General Manager Helena Borges)
- Days Inn - Medicine Hat, Alberta (General Manager Leslie Squires)
- Days Inn - Red Deer, Alberta (General Manager Lance Homstol)
- Days Inn & Suites - Collingwood, Ontario (General Manager Will Goertz)
- Days Inn - Regina, Saskatchewan (General Manager Chris Regier)
- Days Inn - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (General Managers Cherryl Smith & Grant Smith)
- Days Inn & Suites - Thunder Bay, Ontario (General Manager Darren Viklen)
- Days Inn - Montreal Downtown, Quebec (General Manager Marc Dériger)
- Days Inn - Barrie, Ontario (General Manager Stella Gan)
- Days Inn - Thunder Bay North, Ontario (General Manager Tracy Kennedy)
- Days Inn - Edmonton South, Alberta (General Manager Natalie Cherry)
- Days Inn & Suites - Langley, British Columbia (General Manager Fred Kumar)
“These thirteen hotels raise the bar on a daily basis, and bring pride to the Days Inns - Canada family,” continued Prince.
Despite a tough economic year, the brand continued to grow. In 2009, Days Inns - Canada added 220 rooms to the chain’s portfolio with three new hotels in Alberta: two new construction hotels in Athabasca and Grande Prairie, and one hotel conversion in Cochrane.
About Realstar Hospitality
In 1992, Realstar Hospitality Corp. acquired the master franchise rights for the Days Inn brand in Canada. Realstar Hospitality also holds the master franchise rights for two other hotel brands in Canada and is a division of Realstar Group. The international, privately held Realstar Group was founded nearly 35 years ago and has offices in Toronto, Canada and London, England. The company is a leader in the ownership and operation of multi-unit residential real estate, sports, entertainment and other community event facilities and hotels in both the limited service and full-service sectors.
About Days Inns - Canada
Days Inns - Canada is one of the country’s leading hotel chains with over 90 independently owned and operated properties and over 8,100 rooms. Its franchises cover a wide range of urban, airport and resort properties in primary and secondary markets across Canada. Every Days Inn in Canada participates in the Wyndham Rewards® guest reward program. Days Inn Worldwide, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Wyndham Hotel Group, one of three principal components of Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN), which encompasses more than 6,550 hotels and 551,000 rooms worldwide in 59 countries. All hotels are owned individually and operated independently or by Wyndham Hotel Management. For more information about Days Inns - Canada, to make an online hotel reservation or to become a Wyndham Rewards member, please visit http://www.daysinn.ca or call the bilingual reservations hotline at 1-800 DAYS INN (1-800-329-7466).