Maverick's EPP packaging assists in meeting the new market challenges for part protection, ergonomic safety, environmental stewardship, and cost savings.
Jackson, Michigan (PRWEB) April 14, 2010
Maverick Industries announces it has begun production at their 140,000-square-foot plant in Jackson, Michigan. The facility, one of the largest steam chest molding operations in North America, is molding expanded polypropylene (EPP) foam packaging in the form of hand-held and shipping totes and dunnage used in returnable conveyance transport.
Commonly used in returnable packaging in Europe and the Pacific Rim, EPP packaging touts lightweight resilience not found in heavy injection molded or corrugated packaging. With this facility, Maverick Industries is able to mold EPP foam not only in black and white, but in an array of other colors. Maverick expects much of its business to come from industrial manufacturing, agricultural, retail, automotive, and medical markets.
The business also provides fabrication, prototyping, CAD, and design services along with custom molding of automotive and industrial parts and consumer items.
Scott Matherly, president of Maverick Industries is enthusiastic about providing EPP packaging in North America.
"We see this as an opportunity to assist users of packaging in meeting the new market challenges for part protection, ergonomic safety, environmental stewardship, and cost savings. EPP is used more heavily in Europe and the Pacific Rim due to its significant cost advantages in many applications. We are excited to help packaging customers in North America realize those same advantages. We offer innovative concepts which reduce the need for forklifts, provide protection of parts while using less material, reduce opportunities for injuries—all while employing a material which can be recycled back into a new container at the end of its life cycle," Matherly states.
Among the features of Maverick’s offerings are:
- Superior Part Protection: Maverick's EPP packaging provides impact protection for parts and product. EPP protects against marring and damage during shipping and its tough durability allows for frequent reuse under harsh conditions.
- 100% Recyclability: Maverick packaging materials are 100% recyclable, a feature which helps customers meet their Zero Landfill targets.
- Ergonomically Friendly Material: EPP is 25% the weight of traditionally molded plastic packaging and totes, providing an easier lift for material handlers.
- Thermal Protection: EPP’s insulative qualities reduce the impact temperature changes have on contents.
- More Parts Per Shipment: Where lighter lifting limits are a concern, EPP can offer more parts per shipment by reducing the weight of packaging.
- Stackable Space Efficiency: EPP offers more flexibility by molding right-size containers, which means more efficient material handling flow, less movement, and fewer truck loads.
- Compatibility With RFID: Maverick’s EPP packaging can easily incorporate RFID technology and provide transmitter protection.
# # #