We are proud and very fortunate to bring such a long and diverse list of Cuba experts together for this rare Cuban art and culture conference. -- Rob Sequin Publisher HavanaJournal.com
Provincetown, MA (PRWEB) April 15, 2010
A rare gathering of Cuba experts will be together to offer their insight and expertise during a unique four-day conference from June 10 through June 13 in Provincetown Massachusetts. The Cuban art and culture conference will educate and entertain attendees with a variety of Cuban art and culture sessions, feature a Cuban art auction, a Cuban dance party, a Cuba movie day and much more.
Opening Reception – Thursday June 10
This unique conference, dubbed CubaCon 2010, will feature an opening reception at the Cuban art gallery, Galería Cubana, featuring a wide variety of artwork from Cuba.
Cuban Culture Day – Friday June 11
The conference begins with a full day of information sessions about Cuban culture at the host venue Crown and Anchor. Topics such as current US Cuba relations, humanitarian aid to Cuba, the history of Havana, life in Havana and legal travel to Cuba are on the agenda for this Cuban culture day. A networking session early in the day will allow all attendees to introduce themselves which will make for very productive networking.
Mavis Anderson, Director of Latin America Working Group “LAWG worked with the Havana Journal to host the first Cuba event and I’m excited to participate again with CubaCon 2010. The quality of the presenters and attendees made for a great show last time and I expect this one to be much better.”
Cuban Culture Day Sessions
- Current US Cuba Relations
- Legal Travel to Cuba
- Attendee Networking
- Humanitarian Aid in Cuba
- Movie on Cuban Artists
- History of Havana
- Movie on Cuban Healthcare
- Life in Havana
- Legal Travel to Cuba
- Sailing to Cuba
Cuban Culture Day Presenters
- Mavis Anderson - Latin America Working Group
- Merri Ansara - Common Ground Education and Travel Services
- Rick Schwag - Caribbean Medical Transport
- Costa Mavraganis - Cuba AIDS Project
- Dick Cluster - author of History of Havana
- Jeanne Lemkau - author of Lost and Found in Cuba
- Jerry Guidera - Cross Cultural Studies
- Maria Lopez - Cuban Artists Fund
- Peter Swanson - CubaCruising.net
Cuban Art Day – Saturday June 12
On this day, attendees will enjoy information sessions about the work of the Ernest Hemingway Preservation Society, the history of Cuban music, art and architecture. The Cuban art sessions and Cuban art auction in the afternoon will educate and entertain everyone from Cuban art experts to those interested to learn about Cuban art.
Cuban Art Day Sessions
- Ernest Hemingway Preservation Society
- History of Cuban Music
- Cuban Lunch
- Cuban Architecture and Photography
- The Cuban Art Scene
- Cuban Art and Memorabilia Auction
Cuban Art Day Presenters
- Susan Wrynn - Ernest Hemingway Collection
- Mary-Jo Adams - Finca Vigía Foundation
- Jauretsi Saizarbitoria - Director of East of Havana
- John H. Pilling - Havana Urban Design Charrette
- Cathryn Griffith - author of Havana Revisited
- Michelle Wojcik - Galería Cubana
- Sandra Levinson - Cuban Art Space
Conference organizer and Publisher of HavanaJournal.com, Rob Sequin says “We are proud and very fortunate to bring such a long and diverse list of Cuba experts together for this rare Cuban art and culture conference. The presenters along with a full agenda will educate and entertain all attendees regardless of their experience or interest level. I expect attendee networking to be a value life experience where attendees will make life-long friends.”
Cuban Dance Party – Saturday Night
A unique Cuban dance party is planned for Saturday evening with Cuban salsa dance lesions followed by Cuban and Latin music until 1am at the Crown and Anchor.
Rick Murray, owner of the host venue Crown and Anchor said “We are happy to have been selected as the host venue for CubaCon 2010 and the Cuban Dance Party. CubaCon is a great fit for Provincetown and we look forward to a long weekend of Cuba related information and entertainment.”
Cuba Movie Day – Sunday June 13
- Lost Son of Havana - Baseball legend Luis Tiant returns to Cuba
- East of Havana - Charlize Theron produced Cuban rap music film
- Buena Vista Social Club - Documentary about legendary Cuban musicians
- Dirty Dancing - Havana Nights - Diego Luna stars in this Dirty Dancing sequel
- Havana - Robert Redford as a gambler in 1958 in Cuba
- Strawberry and Chocolate - Classic gay interest story shot in Havana
Cuban Arts Marketplace
During the conference vendors will be set up in the Cuban Arts Marketplace with Cuban art, memorabilia, books, CDs and other Cuba items for sale. Many exhibitors will be offering giveaways and authors will be signing books.
Cuba Conference Pricing
A full conference pass for the four-day conference is $150. A Saturday only pass is $40. People can register at ticket provider Event Brite.
About Havana Journal Inc.
Havana Journal Inc. is a Cuba information resource, services and media company based on Cape Cod in Massachusetts. HavanaJournal.com is the company’s main website publishing articles about Cuba business, culture, politics, travel and Cuban American issues since March 2003. Havana Journal Inc. maintains more than 30 Cuba related websites and owns over 2500 Cuba related domain names.
CubaCon 2010 is the follow on conference to the successful Learn About Cuba seminar held in 2008. CubaCon 2011 will be held in Provincetown from June 9 to June 12, 2011.
For more information, contact the conference organizer: