As we continue to grow as an organisation, it is imperative that our website moves with the times and effectively communicates to both members and non-members who we are and what we are all about.
(PRWeb UK) April 15, 2010
The Camping and Caravanning Club has launched an exciting new website to reflect its growing vision as an outdoor industry leader.
The website http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk showcases The Club’s escalating reputation within the travel sector and went live on March 31.
The new site has been given a complete overhaul in terms of design and layout, and features informative new content, along with enhanced navigation and usability.
Improved functionality will also allow visitors to bookmark the website using popular social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
In addition, RSS (Really Simple Syndication) news feeds have been added to the website so that people can stay ahead, with the news from The Club.
The Club’s eBusiness Managers Tamsin Smyth and Will Knott have led the online development with the help of digital marketing agency AlphaQuad Ltd of Warwickshire and software systems development house Web Labs.
And Tamsin Smyth believes that the new site reflects The Friendly Club’s key messages and ethos.
She said: “As we continue to grow as an organisation, it is imperative that our website moves with the times and effectively communicates to both members and non-members who we are and what we are all about."
“The new site offers people accessible information on everything they need to know about The Club and the services that we offer both at home and abroad."
“It also lists essential information for all types of campers, especially those who are heading out for the first time.”
The website currently attracts approximately 175,000 unique visitors a month.
For further media information or images, please contact:
Jon Dale, 024 7647 5204 jon.dale(at)thefriendlyclub(dot)co(dot)uk
Matthew Eastlake, 024 7647 5030 matthew.eastlake(at)thefriendlyclub(dot)co(dot)uk
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
2. http://www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
3. National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site