McLean, VA (PRWEB) April 16, 2010
The management of BOWA (http://www.bowa.com), a home transformation company, is seeing a surge in pet-friendly remodeling requests among their pet-loving clients in greater Washington, D.C.
"We're seeing a trend in the D.C. area of more homeowners modifying their homes to accommodate the comfort of their beloved pets and to create greater conveniences for their families," said Larry Weinberg, CEO of BOWA. "A survey found that 84 percent of pet owners say their pets make their home life healthier*, so considering pets' needs and the demands that go along with them, our clients are building special spaces for their furry friends that lead to more contained and convenient options for families."
With careful planning, there are many remodeling features that can be explored to ensure homes are more accommodating for pets and homeowners alike. They include:
- Doggy showers with low-level, hand-held sprayers, are often located in mud rooms or garages. These spaces, often tiled and custom-painted to suit a pet's personality, make bathing or rinsing off muddy paws a breeze.
- Feeding stations can be built into a family's kitchen or mud room. Wall build outs accommodate feeding bowls and can include adequate space for the storage of food and other pet-related items, such as toys and medications. Some spaces even feature an installed water line that automatically refills the water bowl as needed.
- Litter boxes can be discretely located in custom cabinetry with whimsical, cat-shaped cutout entryways to help contain a kitty's potty area.
- Pet doors have become elaborate with options including French doors, screen door panels, and infrared and magnetic key options.
- Hideaways and sleeping areas can be built into laundry or foyer areas, creating peaceful and private spaces for pets to retreat.
- Windows are being designed to be located lower to flooring so pets have excellent outdoor views- complete with personalized 'pet seats' for four-legged friends to enjoy hours of "built-in" entertainment.
While some homeowners may be reluctant to remodel due to the impact of construction on their pet, BOWA personnel customize individual solutions for every client to guarantee their pet's space and comfort are optimally maintained throughout the entire home transformation process.
For more information, visit http://www.bowa.com/dog-and-cat-days-of-summer.
*American Animal Hospital Association survey
About BOWA Builders
As a home transformation company, BOWA is the single point of accountability for the design and construction of large-scale additions and renovations. Drawing on more than 20 years of experience, BOWA's professionals have found that complex projects require input from numerous experts. Having one party who assembles and manages the team, takes accountability for the entire process and looks after the client's best interests is key to creating a beautiful home transformation and positive client experience. BOWA serves clients in Suburban Maryland, the District of Columbia and Northern Virginia. For more information, visit http://www.bowa.com or call (703) 734-9050.