New York, NY (PRWEB) April 15, 2010
International Biometric Group (IBG) is hosting a free webcast, "Updates on Defence Research and Development Canada Research Projects," today, Thursday, April 15 at 1:00 pm EST.
Michael Thieme, IBG Director of Special Projects, will discuss recent findings from two biometric studies that IBG was awarded under the Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC) Public Safety Technical Program (PSTP).
The two PSTP projects are as follows:
- Evaluation of Stand-off Biometrics Techniques for Enhanced Surveillance during Major Events
- Evaluation of Biometric Techniques for Multi-Domain Use Supporting National Security
The studies address a broad range of technology, policy, and privacy issues. From a technology evaluation perspective, the studies assess the performance of face recognition and iris recognition systems.
Goals of the PSTP program include evaluation of a wide variety of potential biometrics techniques that could be used to enhance the identification and verification of persons of interest seeking entrance to Canada through various border environments, while allowing the efficient and seamless passage of people and goods across borders, consistent with the Government of Canada's dual prosperity and security mandates.
Mr. Thieme will discuss the following topics:
- Results from face recognition surveillance evaluations
- Information on emerging approaches to reporting watchlist identification rates
- Recent status of an iris recognition standoff access control pilot occurring under the PSTP effort
- Discussion of initial direction regarding stand-off subject acquisition profiles (SAPs) for standoff face and iris recognition systems.
Event Title: "Updates on Defence Research and Development Canada Research Projects"
Event Date: April 15, 2010 at 1:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
To access the event, navigate to: http://www.biometricgroup.com/webcon and click the "listen to our webcast" link.
About International Biometric Group:
International Biometric Group (IBG) is a leading research, consulting and systems integration company addressing the identity management and security needs of government and commercial clients. IBG designs, engineers and supports solutions across multiple platforms in complex, mission-critical environments. IBG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Washington D.C., West Virginia, Toronto and London. Learn more at http://www.biometricgroup.com.