On Earth Day and Every Day, Native Waters offers Earth-Friendly Alternative to Traditional Bottled Water

Share Article

April 22, 2010 is the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, a call to action for people to renew their commitment to conserving and protecting the Earth's resources. For consumers looking for more earth-friendly products, Native Waters is a natural choice.

Bottles for a Healthier Earth

Perceived as a healthy alternative to bottled soft drinks and other beverages, bottled water is now the second largest bottled-beverage sold in the U.S. market, representing more than 8.7 billion gallons of water.    Yet only 30% of all PET plastic bottles are recycled, leaving 70% of these bottles in landfills or incinerators.

April 22, 2010 is the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, a call to action for people to renew their commitment to conserving and protecting the Earth's resources. For consumers looking for more earth-friendly products, Native Waters is a natural choice. This Massachusetts-based company produces locally-sourced bottled water packaged in biodegradable and recyclable bottles, a viable alternative for bottles that end up in the landfill.

"Earth Day is the perfect time to for individuals to adopt environmentally-friendly habits," said Rodger Cohen, co- founder of Native Waters. "We still believe that recycling is the best solution for the PET plastics that are used in bottled water. However, with 70% of these bottles currently ending up in landfills, Native Water is a practical alternative that can help preserve our planet."

Native Water is bottled in ENSO Bottles, a biodegradable and recyclable PET plastic bottle. Made from 25% recycled plastic the bottles are produced with Ecopureā„¢, an organic compound added to the plastic manufacturing process that allows the bottles to be metabolized and neutralized on a microbial level, completely breaking down the plastic. ENSO bottles maintain the same physical properties and strengths as existing PET plastic bottles yet provide a more shelf stable and practical solution than starch-based PLA materials and oxo-degradable plastics. The bottles are biodegradable in both anaerobic and aerobic environments and can also be successfully mixed with standard PET plastic recycling.

To add to the sustainability of the bottled water, Native Waters sources all water locally in the Berkshire Mountains in Western Massachusetts. The water is naturally filtered through layers of sand, clay, gravel and rocks before reaching the surface source. Native Waters then uses local distributors to send the product throughout New England, eliminating long trucking routes and minimizing the carbon footprint of the bottled water.

Native Water is available in both 500 ml and 700 ml sizes. The product is available at select retail stores, restaurants and colleges throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont and New Hampshire. Native Water is distributed by Sysco, ghousen of Brattleboro, VT, Nasiff Fruit Company of Fall River, Mass., Great State Beverages of Hooksett, NH, Blue Coast Beverages of Mattapoisett, and Thomsen Food Service of Providence, RI. For more information on where you can find Native Water, visit http://www.earthfriendlybottle.com.

Native Waters, LLC
Native Waters, LLC, was founded in 2009 by Steven Nasiff and Rodger Cohen. The company was founded to provide sustainable product solutions for the beverage industry using the latest technology and a local approach towards improving the environment for current and future generations. To learn more about Native Water in the ENSO biodegradable bottle, visit http://www.earthfriendlybottle.com or call 877.228.0711. Native Waters can also be found on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/nativewaters.

About ENSO Bottles
ENSO Bottles, LLC, of Phoenix, Arizona is an environmental company dedicated to creating "Bottles for a Healthier Earth". ENSO bottles are an environmental solution designed to biodegrade in anaerobic or aerobic environments leaving behind biogases and humus. ENSO bottles with EcoPureā„¢ have been 3rd party tested and validated for biodegradability and recyclability using ASTM standards. To learn more about how you can help to reduce plastic pollution and improve our environment visit ENSO on facebook, http://www.facebook.com/ensobottles or contact ENSO Bottles at http://www.ensobottles.com or call 866.936.3676

# # #

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

ERIN CALLANAN
Native Waters
617-905-6866
Email >

Rodger Cohen
Visit website