San Jose, California (PRWEB) April 19, 2010
Bright Computing, specialist in cluster management software and services for high-performance computing (HPC), is pleased to announce that Bright Cluster Manager is now available with CUDA Toolkit 3.0. This latest version of NVIDIA's parallel computing environment for GPUs includes all the development tools needed for the upcoming Fermi-based Tesla GPUs.
Customers running Bright Cluster Manager can install the new, preconfigured CUDA package directly from Bright Computing's Yum repository using a simple command. Bright Computing's sophisticated provisioning system will then take care of distributing the relevant elements to the GPU nodes.
This latest CUDA package can co-exist with CUDA packages previously released by Bright Computing, and users can easily switch between CUDA versions, due to Bright Cluster Manager's preconfigured Environment Modules. Furthermore, the CUDA driver is automatically compiled at boot time against the running Linux kernel, ensuring compatibility with the kernel at all times.
Bright Computing's preconfigured CUDA 3.0 package includes the following:
- CUDA 3.0 Environment Module — allows easy switching between CUDA 3.0 and previous CUDA versions;
- Support for new GPUs based on Fermi architecture — including ECC, optimized double precision, support for linear algebra libraries such as BLAS and LAPACK, the CUDA-GDB debugger and Visual Profiler;
- C++ support — delivering improved productivity with class and template inheritance;
- GPGPU/Graphics interoperability — delivering OpenGL for both CUDA and OpenCL;
- Improved developer tools for Linux — including the new CUDA Memory Checker that reports misalignment and out-of-bounds errors.
About Bright Cluster Manager
Bright Cluster Manager is a Linux-based cluster management software solution specifically designed to make HPC clusters of any size easy to install, use and manage. Its intuitive graphical user interface offers consistent access to all management and monitoring functionality for cluster administrators. Its HPC user environment provides a comprehensive range of HPC software development tools for cluster users.
About Bright Computing
Bright Computing is a specialist in cluster management software and services for high-performance computing (HPC). Its flag-ship product — Bright Cluster Manager — makes clusters of any size easy to install, use and manage, and is the cluster management solution of choice for many universities, research institutes and companies across the world. Bright Computing has its head office in San Jose, California.
Pictures and screenshots of Bright Cluster Manager:
# # #