York, Yorkshire (PRWeb UK) April 21, 2010
The new site - http://www.yorkon.co.uk - is designed to give specifiers and building professionals a fast and efficient guide to the potential, benefits and wide-ranging applications of off-site construction solutions and the Yorkon approach.
Features of the website include:
- a video illustrating modular building assembly on site
- a new downloadable, interactive design tool to help architects and contractors design for off site and produce fast and accurate project drawings
- a series of new industry reports offering advice on issues such as designing for off site, whole life value, and sustainable construction
- more images to illustrate the scope, options and design flexibility of the Yorkon modular approach
- the latest case studies in the health, education and retail sectors, such as the award-winning science centre at Christ College and the acute admissions unit at Watford General Hospital
- simplified design and navigation.
Current Yorkon projects include a number of convenience stores for Tesco in Ireland, a new mental health facility in Scotland, a high containment laboratory building for DEFRA, and a £10m ProCure21 project for Kier.
The demand for off-site construction continues to increase in the public and private sectors as awareness grows of the sustainability advantages, the speed of delivery and reduced risk of modular solutions.
Over the past five years, Yorkon has completed more than 96 per cent of projects on time and 94 per cent on budget - well exceeding construction industry averages. Last year, this increased to 99 per cent of contracts delivered on programme and cost.
Yorkon's performance is in dramatic contrast to Government statistics for building industry performance that showed just 46 per cent of construction projects were completed on budget and only 59 per cent on time over the past year (source: Construction Statistics Annual 2009, Office of Public Sector Information).
The advantages of off-site construction include:
- Programme times reduced by up to 50 per cent for earlier handover and occupation
- Safer, quieter and cleaner construction - reducing disruption to existing operations and the local community
- Material wastage reduced by up to 90 per cent (source: WRAP)
- Up to 90 per cent fewer vehicle movements to site (source: Mtech)
- Improved build quality and reduced future maintenance
- Flexible buildings, which can be expanded without decanting and have 12m clear internal spans for future reconfiguration
- Construction that exceeds Building Regulations requirements for air permeability, improving thermal efficiency for lower running costs and reduced carbon emissions.
As the UK's leading modular building manufacturer, Yorkon has pioneered innovative building solutions in some of the most challenging situations and in sectors as diverse as supermarkets, offices, hospitals, restaurants, schools and airports.
Repeat customers of Yorkon include Sainsbury's, Tesco, London City Airport and many NHS Trusts, local authorities and main contractors.