"Kickstart Seed Fund is very excited to be an investor in Zerista. The company has created an innovative platform that will change how groups of all types communicate" -Gavin Christensen, Managing Director, Kickstart Seed Fund
Denver, CO (PRWEB) April 20, 2010
Zerista's funding caps a highly successful launch of its platform at DEMO Spring 2010. The launch received highly favorable reviews from many industry analysts:
- VentureBeat said "cool idea that should appeal to a broad demographic"
- TechCrunch added "one of the more compelling ideas"
- Mashable selected Zerista as one of only a handful of companies for a special feature review
- PC Magazine included Zerista in its "My Favorites of Demo Spring" selection
- Interactive Meeting Tech Blog called Zerista a "game changer for small events"
Beta sign ups are significantly exceeding expectations. The beta will be soon be available on limited basis. Those interested should sign up at zerista.com.
Zerista makes it possible for community managers to create and publish a mobile application, customized specifically for their group, in just minutes, and since it's a web app there isn't the delay and hassle of going through a mobile app store. Zerista's platform is the only hybrid solution that combines best-of-breed elements of custom community platforms, mobile social discovery, and event ticketing and management, allowing anyone — from soccer teams to realtors to wine clubs — to quickly create a custom mobile application.
- Successful launch at DEMO Spring 2010 accelerates financing
- Highly positive analyst and press response
- Beta sign ups significantly outpacing expectations
Gavin Christensen, Managing Director, Kickstart Seed Fund: "Kickstart Seed Fund is very excited to be an investor in Zerista," said Gavin Christensen, Managing Director, Kickstart Seed Fund. "John and Charlie are true entrepreneurs that know how to build a solid company. They have created an innovative platform that will change how groups of all types communicate – in real-time, on-the-go, and from everywhere."
Christina Warren, Mashable: "What we like about Zerista is that it can integrate with your existing social networks, while also creating a web-based (and mobile optimized) network for communicating news, sharing messages, doing mobile check ins and even collecting payments for tickets or dues."
John Kanarowski, President, Zerista: "We're grateful to the on-going confidence of our investors. We are also really excited by the positive response to Zerista's Mobile Community Platform. Beta sign ups have vastly exceeded our expectations.”