This is our first time offering a sale that puts our summer promotion in the hands of travelers
Phoenix, AZ (Vocus) April 20, 2010
The days grow longer, flowers spring plentiful and the sunshine smiles on travelers: all signs that summer is quickly approaching. And, for most families, this means that the time has come to plan the annual summer vacation. From an adventure-packed getaway to the mountains of Canada to a week on the relaxing beaches of Hawaii, Shell Vacations Hospitality satisfies travelers’ every last need. And, for the first time ever, Shell Vacations Hospitality is letting families plan their own perfect getaways—and offering the chance to win the vacation package with the most votes!
Upon receiving travelers’ votes for their favorite destinations, Shell Vacations Hospitality will announce bottom-out prices for summer travel to their popular family-friendly resorts. Voters are also entered to win a vacation stay in Napa or San Francisco, as well as a variety of prizes including an iPod Touch, digital camera, and digital picture frame.
Participating destinations that will be voted on include:
- Arizona: Come to the Grand Canyon State to explore the desert on a Jeep tour, tee off with Dad at the lusciously green golf courses, or take a dive in the refreshing pools.
- Canada: see the world from a different perspective on a Zipline, through a canopy of trees, or enjoy nature’s best on a bicycle ride through the mountain trails.
- Hawaii: learn how to surf in the Pacific’s crystalline water, or take the kids on a raft tour through the islands and dolphin coves. You will enjoy every sunrise and sunset in Hawaii.
- Mexico: south-of-the-border, warm beaches will captivate your heart and an abundant array of activities, such as jetskiing, snorkeling, and parasailing, will quench your family’s thirst for adventure.
- Nevada: Vegas awaits you and your family. You can choose to ride 25 thrilling rides and attractions at Adventuredome Theme Park, go on a shopping spree, visit the casinos, or simply relax poolside. Viva las Vegas!
- New England: enjoy the vibrant variety of leafs’ colors and new Hampshire’s amenities. Also, this is the perfect destination to take mom and the kids on a tax-free shopping spree at the nearby shops and name brand stores.
- Southern California: Play all day and night in this fun in the sun Anaheim, Calif. family vacation! Say “hi” to Mickey Minnie and the gang with an exciting fun filled day at Disneyland® Park.
- Texas: Giddy up the family in San Antonio, at the Six Flags Fiesta, or Sea World San Antonio. Need to wind down? Float on a gondola, or s troll down on the cobble-stone streets of the Riverwalk.
“This is our first time offering a sale that puts our summer promotion in the hands of travelers,” says Karen Johnson, vice president of sales and marketing for Shell Vacations Hospitality. “We are always looking for ways to improve families’ summer vacations and are excited to finally offer a sale that families have chosen themselves.”
Travelers can register to vote for their favorite family getaway destinations at http://www.UltimateSummerVacation.com. Each registered account can vote one time per day. All votes must be received by May 19, 2010. Contest rules and description can be found at http://www.UltimateSummerVacation.com.
About Shell Vacations Hospitality:
Shell Vacations Hospitality offers a collection of 26 resorts, hotels and lodges ideal for family vacations, romantic getaways, retreats, reunions and business trips. Visitors may stay at hotels and resorts in popular destinations in the U.S., Mexico and Canada from San Francisco to Whistler. Shell Vacations Hospitality is a subsidiary of Shell Vacations LLC, a premier developer of upscale vacation ownership resorts. For more information, please visit http://www.ShellHospitality.com .