Houston, TX and Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) April 20, 2010
Microsoft Management Summit 2010 – EminentWare, a leading provider of cost-effective patch management and configuration management solutions, today announced that EminentWare’s 3rd Party Updates Pack is now compatible with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM,) enabling companies with SCCM to quickly and easily deploy 3rd party patches across desktops, laptops, and servers. EminentWare’s 3rd Party Updates Pack provides customers with pre-researched, pre-built, and pre-tested catalogs of “SCCM Ready” 3rd Party patches -- for popular software applications such as Adobe Reader, Mozilla Firefox, Sun Java Runtime, and more.
EminentWare will offer live demonstrations at the Microsoft Management Summit 2010 (MMS 2010), Booth #733, Las Vegas, NV, April 19 – 23. EminentWare also offers a free 30-day trial which may be downloaded from http://www.eminentware.com.
EminentWare’s 3rd Party Updates Pack enables companies using SCCM to significantly reduce or even eliminate the time and expense that is often involved in maintaining 3rd party patches, including the many hours of work required to build, test, and implement patches for popular 3rd party applications. Key benefits of EminentWare’s solution include:
- Automatically receive pre-created and tested catalogs of “WSUS Ready” patches for popular applications including Adobe Reader ®, Adobe Flash ® Mozilla Firefox ®, Sun JavaRunTime ®, WinZip, Apple QuickTime ® & more which can be quickly imported and deployed by SCCM
- Receive automatic notification when new patches are announced by vendors along with critical levels or security metrics – via email and “Outlook style” pop-up alerts
- Generate enterprise-wide reports about patch status and more – no SQL expertise required. Choose from hundreds of built-in reports or use EminentWare’s ad hoc reporting capabilities
- Use EminentWare’s “PackageBoot” Technology to create advanced deployment scenarios such as start/stop services, bundle multiple files in one package, run uninstalls or custom scripts, detect applications with locked updated files
In addition to 3rd party patch management for companies using SCCM, EminentWare also provides client health and discovery capabilities complementary to SCCM including:
- Enterprise-wide Windows Update Agent Maintenance & Repair – analyze, diagnose, and fix the Windows Update Agents across one or all machines in an environment.
- Enterprise-wide WMI Repair – diagnose and fix WMI in batch or one-off enterprise-wide.
- Enhanced enterprise discovery to identify rogue, unauthorized, or improperly configured machines, devices & workgroups -- without dependencies on Active Directory and SNMP.
Pricing and Availability
The EminentWare 3rd Party Updates Pack and the EminentWare WSUS Extension Pack Update 005 are available now. For pricing information, visit EminentWare’s pricing page at http://www.eminentware.com/patch-management-pricing.html. A trial version of EminentWare’s solution is available free for 30 days, or to download or register for a weekly live demonstration, please visit the EminentWare Corporate website at http://www.eminentware.com.
About EminentWare LLC
EminentWare LLC provides highly scalable, cost-effective and powerful enterprise update and configuration management solutions that can be used stand-alone or as “extensions” to native management tools. EminentWare extends the power of native management tools such as Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), providing the ability to deploy, manage, and report on Microsoft and non-Microsoft patches from a central point of control, powerful reporting, delegation and approval of patches, greater control over update scheduling and reboots, immediate updates, full discovery and inventory, as well as extensive configuration management capabilities. For more information, or to download a free 30 day trial of EminentWare’s Extension Pack for WSUS, please visit: http://www.eminentware.com.
©2010 EminentWare LLC. EminentWare is a trademark of EminentWare LLC. All other product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #