“Bergen Energi is delighted to be able to host this top-level conference... As an industry, energy is dictated by worldwide market forces more than any other and our conference will be analysing the future of our sector from every possible angle.”
(PRWeb UK) April 22, 2010
International energy experts Bergen Energi will be outlining the future of the European energy markets at a major conference in Norway this spring.
A number of leading industry speakers will be addressing the invite-only conference which is taking place in Bergen itself on the 19th and 20th May.
They will be examining how major energy suppliers are planning for the future, the impact that the environmental challenge will have on the industry and what measures end users can take to prepare for changes in the market.
Speakers include Eric Vandwerdonckt, Deputy Head of Origination at GDF Suez, who will discuss the development of EU electricity markets; Anouk Honore, Senior Research Fellow at the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies whose talk will cover EU gas markets; and Natsource Ltd Director Tim Atkinson who will talk about EU carbon markets.
There will also be a joint presentation from Bergen Energi and restaurant chain McDonald’s about the relationship between customer and energy suppliers. It will be delivered by McDonald’s Purchasing Manager Magnus Leydner and Jonas Almquist, Vice President Nordics at Bergen Energi.
Workshop sessions include Haakon Reiersen from Nordpool looking at customers accessing exchanges directly and Richard Pickles, Chief Business Development Officer at Entech leading a session entitled Metering, Monitoring and Targetting.
Richard Southgate, Vice President at Bergen Energi UK, said: “Bergen Energi is delighted to be able to host this top-level conference.
“The timing is perfect because the green agenda and the global recession presents some important challenges to be overcome and end users’ margins are being squeezed tighter than ever before.
“As an industry, energy is dictated by worldwide market forces more than any other and our conference will be analysing the future of our sector from every possible angle.
“Bergen Energi UK is able to secure the best deals and give industry-leading advice to our UK clients by retaining a global perspective, informed by our operations in dozens of countries around the world.
“We hope to be able to impart some of this knowledge at the conference, and we have arranged such an impressive list of speakers that I’m sure the conference will be a learning experience for everyone involved.”
The second day of the conference will see delegates breaking off into workshop groups, discussing a range of topics from the Carbon Market, how the market will be look in 2020, and energy risk management.
For more information about the conference visit http://www.bergen-energi.com
Issued on behalf of Bergen Energi UK by Adessi
For more information contact John Brenan at Adessi on
Tel: +44 (0) 113 256 9999
Fax: +44 (0) 113 256 9989
Notes to Editors:
- Bergen Energi UK based in Leeds, West Yorkshire, is one of the UK’s leading energy service providers. Established in 2002 it offers innovative, bespoke energy solutions for business end users in the UK and Europe.
- The company’s key services include energy procurement, brokerage, risk management, consultancy and data and invoice management.
- Bergen Energi UK’s proven track record in the tendering and portfolio management of electricity, gas, CO2, brokerage and administrative services has gained it a reputation as a trusted independent energy partner.
- Bergen Energi UK works with some of the UK's largest energy end users and its clients over a broad range of industry and commerce, public authorities and large international groups.
- Bergen Energi UK is one of Bergen Energi’s nine European offices. As a group the company employs more than 160 energy specialists in the UK, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, France and Italy. It is also active in Spanish, Austrian and Eastern European, Asian and US markets.
- Bergen Energi currently has more than 950 clients in the Nordics, Continental Europe and the UK, with an annual energy supply of 85TWh /€7bn.
- The company has trading representative on energy exchanges and in the bilateral OTC energy markets and works actively towards a better energy market by working with national and international authorities, regulators and organisations.