Omaha, NE (PRWEB) April 23, 2010
Quantum Workplace, an employer ratings agency that surveys employee engagement, today announced honorees of the Employee Voice Award™. Honorees scored highest on the Quantum Workplace TeamPulse™ survey, a web-based assessment tool used to measure employee engagement.
Employee engagement is measured by the ability and willingness of individuals to exert extra effort for the benefit of the company, their tendency to speak highly of the organization and their intent to remain at the company.
“Employee engagement doesn’t happen by accident. Like any other business metric, employee engagement is measurable and manageable,” according to Greg Harris, president of Quantum Workplace.
“The award, the EVA OAR, an engraved 6-foot, hand-crafted rowing oar, evokes the imagery of a team working in perfect harmony—paddling in the same direction—with all employees having an oar in the water,” explains Mr. Harris.
“Many organizations excel in one or two of the dimensions our assessment measures. But only the top five to ten percent demonstrate excellence across all ten dimensions,” adds Mr. Harris.
EVA honorees are recognized for the rigor with which they collect, analyze, and take action with employee feedback. Honorees of the 2009 Employee Voice Award are:
- Sundt Construction (Tempe, AZ)—a general contractor
- Tufts Health Plan (Watertown, MA)—a provider of healthcare coverage
- CommunityAmerica Credit Union (Lenexa. KS)--financial institution
- LAMMICO (Metairie, LA)--develops and delivers insurance products and services to Louisiana physicians and healthcare providers
- LI-COR Biosciences (Lincoln, NE)-a global leader in plant biology, biotechnology, drug discovery, and environmental research
- NameMedia (Waltham, MA)-- as the owner of one of the largest portfolios of domain names, it focuses on acquiring, developing and selling digital real estate
- North Highland (Atlanta, GA)—management and technology consultants.
- Regency Centers Corp (Jacksonville, FL)—a real estate investment trust that specializes in the development of shopping centers
- Berry, a division of Suffolk (Danvers, MA)-- one of the oldest construction companies in the nation
In its 2009 study, Quantum Workplace analyzed employee engagement survey data from US-based firms using its TeamPulse assessment. To qualify for this distinction, firms were required to have a statistically representative sample of their employee population complete the survey which evaluates factors such as manager effectiveness, employee recognition, trust in senior leadership, and employee perceptions of benefits.
Only firms with greater than 100 full-time employees qualified. The surveys were not conducted as part of any other employer-of-choice program.
The 2010 Employee Voice Award program is currently underway from January 1 to December 1, 2010. For additional information on the Employee Voice Award program, please go to http://www.employeevoice.com.
About Quantum Workplace
Quantum Workplace is an employer ratings agency that surveys employee engagement, loyalty and retention. Best known as the research firm behind the Best Places to Work programs in more than 40 metro areas, Quantum Workplace surveys more than 1.5 million employees among 5,000+ companies nationwide. Learn more about Quantum on Twitter @GregoryHarris or http://www.quantumworkplace.com.