We are honored to work with these talented leaders towards our shared goal of increasing access to education through high quality online education programs worldwide.
Denver (PRWEB) April 21, 2010
Pearson, a global leader in education, technology and services, has announced the winners of the 2010 Pearson CiTE Awards of Excellence. The awards recognize outstanding accomplishments in online higher education using the Pearson LearningStudio platform. For the first time, as part of efforts to encourage and support innovations that drive student success, Pearson is donating $1,000 to the scholarship fund of the winners' choice.
The awards are divided into two categories, Excellence in Teaching and Excellence in Administration. This year's winners for Excellence in Teaching in higher education are:
- Dr. Dale Fodness, Associate Professor of Marketing at the University of Dallas. Dr. Fodness was selected for his creative use of multimedia resources, such as graphics, threaded discussions and first-rate assessment, to provide multiple learning tools for online learners. Dr. Fodness has selected the Student Scholarship Fund at the University of Dallas College of Business to receive his Pearson award.
- Dr. Randy Weigel, Professor of Family and Consumer Sciences and Rhonda Shipp, Cooperative Extension Service Emerita Educator, both of the University of Wyoming. Dr. Weigel and Ms. Shipp were selected for their commitment to the ongoing quality of their online course delivery, incorporating strong content that blends extension and outreach teaching strategies and feedback from learners. Dr. Weigel and Ms. Shipp have chosen the Edelweiss Fund, a scholarship program for students in the University of Wyoming Outreach School, to receive their Pearson award.
- Dr. Joanna Dunlap, Faculty Fellow for Teaching and Associate Professor in the School of Education & Human Development at the University of Colorado Denver. Dr. Dunlap was chosen for her highly inventive, exceptional design of an online course, including superior content and outstanding student mentoring. Dr. Dunlap has selected the Education Scholarship Fund at the University of Colorado Denver to receive her Pearson award.
This year's winners for Excellence in Administration in higher education are:
- Dr. Robert Robertson, Director of Graduate Business Studies at Saint Leo University. Dr. Robertson has used online learning and Pearson LearningStudio to grow the graduate business program by 330 percent in four years, specifically with his top-notch instructor and student support, ability to recruit superior online instructors and consistent faculty support. Dr. Robertson has chosen Saint Leo University's School of Business Campaign to receive his Pearson award.
- Dr. Thomas Peterman, Vice President for Distance Learning at Park University. Dr. Peterman supervised the development and implementation of Park University's online program, moving an instructor-developed course model to a holistic model teaming instructional designers with content experts to create ADA-compliant courses. Dr. Peterman has selected the Park University General Scholarship Fund to receive his Pearson award.
- Wynn Butler, Executive Director of Distance Learning at Barton County Community College. Mr. Butler was chosen for his collaborative work environment and team of diverse instructors, and he has succeeded at using federal funds to provide staffing and resources to improve courses, measure student learning and increase retention. Mr. Butler has chosen the Trooper Bill Scholarship fund to receive his Pearson award.
"This year's CiTE winners are wonderful examples of the leadership and excellence in online learning practices that promote student engagement and success," said Matt Leavy, CEO of Pearson eCollege. "We are honored to work with these talented leaders towards our shared goal of increasing access to education through high quality online education programs worldwide."
In addition to the six faculty and administrative winners, 13 educational partners were awarded the Dennis Franz partnership award, given to institutions that have been using the Pearson eCollege platform for a decade.
Pearson CiTE 2010 is a forum for discussion and the exchange of information on the uses of innovative learning strategies within higher education globally. For more information, visit http://www.pearsoncite.com.
About Pearson eCollege
Pearson eCollege is a trusted and innovative leader in powering personalized online learning programs and a part of Pearson (NYSE: PSO), a global leader in education, technology and services. Pearson eCollege's flagship product - Pearson LearningStudio - represents the next generation in learning management systems and provides a comprehensive, flexible and fully supported cloud computing environment for online personalized learning in higher education. Pearson eCollege's SaaS-based education solutions advance, improve, and measure the teaching and learning experience in a vast range of educational institutions and programs.
Pearson has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing (NYSE: PSO).
Media Contact: Susan Aspey, Susan(dot)aspey(at)pearson(dot)com or (800) 745-8489