Waukesha, WI (PRWEB) April 26, 2010
American Home Inspectors Training Institute, the nation’s premier home inspection training school, is pleased to announce that AHIT is now offering a Home Energy Audit Certification Course.
American Home Inspectors Training Institute has been the leader in home inspection training for over 16 years. American Home Inspectors Training has now decided to take our proved teaching methods and incorporate them into an energy audit training course. AHIT has teamed up with the Building Performance Institute (BPI) to educate individuals on the fundamentals of energy auditing. Home energy auditors are becoming more and more important as energy efficiency audits are growing in popularity. There is increasing interest at the local, state, and national level to improve home energy efficiency as part of a broader national energy policy as well as creating jobs in the new "greener" economy. Here are a few current examples of why energy auditing is becoming more popular:
- $11 Billion was provided to state and local governments in the recent stimulus package to help reduce home energy use.
- It is estimated that an energy audit can improve a home’s energy consumption by 30% on average. Given that residential and commercial buildings make up 73% of electricity consumption in the US, there are huge savings.
- A Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies paper reports that more than half of the over 66 million single-family homes in the US were constructed before modern energy codes existed.
- The Department of Energy and the EPA have stated a goal of eventually improving 1 million homes per year through weatherization and home energy improvements.
- The city of Austin requires all homes over 10 years old to have an energy audit before being sold.
- North Carolina has passed a bill that makes home energy audits mandatory for home sellers.
- Oregon’s governor wants to require any owner selling or renting a home to obtain a certificate disclosing the property’s energy use.
- Ontario has passed an Act that requires an energy audit when selling a home unless the buyer waivers their right.
American Home Inspectors Training provides approved nationwide online and hands on classroom training. AHIT’s energy audit course is designed to prepare students for the Building Performance Institute’s Building Analyst online and field tests. Upon completion of these tests, students will be AHIT and BPI certified. Students will also have a clear understanding of how a house works as a system, why some homes fail, and how to use the latest building science technology to help resolve residential heating, cooling, and base load air leakage problems. By using a “whole house” performance-based approach, energy audit graduates will address a comprehensive range of interrelated building issues and be able to provide clients with a more comfortable, safe, durable, and energy efficient home.
Becoming an energy auditor comes along with great benefits including flexible hours, high earning income potential, rapidly growing industry, and is a great way to supplement an income. Becoming an AHIT certified home energy auditor garners even more benefits such as: ongoing business and technical support for students and graduates, real hands on training, personalized marketing services including business cards, brochures, and web sites, unlimited usage of the “AHIT Certified” logo displaying recognition of training, and AHIT is a one stop training and support partner. AHIT provides students with everything needed to run a successful business.
Call 1-888-280-2184 and speak with one of AHIT’s admissions representatives today to learn more about becoming a certified home energy auditor.