(PRWEB) April 24, 2010
NBS Technologies Inc., a leading provider of hardware and software solutions for card personalization, secure ID, EMV® compliance/migration, smart card and semiconductor equipment solutions for financial institutions, governments, and corporations worldwide, today announced the newest features and performance enhancements now available on its Javelin Professional-line range of card printers.
Javelin Professional-line card printers, which include the Javelin J330i, the Javelin J430i, as well as the Javelin J360i with its rugged metal case (available only through NBS Authorized Dealer Partners), are built to deliver reliability and performance for medium and high-volume card production and now offer enhanced features and better performance by way of its newest firmware and drivers.
“We are very pleased that our market-leading Javelin Professional-line card printers now provide increased memory, improved data download speed as well as increased overall card throughput when using the recommended Javelin TrueColours® i-Series™ ribbons”, says General Manager, Philip Barton. “We believe that these kinds of enhancements allow our users to produce high quality cards faster and still have a cost per card that is unrivalled in the industry.”
New Features and Enhancements of the Javelin Professional-line card printers
- Improved data download speed with USB connectivity, increasing the overall card throughput 10-15% when printing with Javelin TrueColours® i-Series™ ribbons and Javelin mono ribbons
- Up to 50% faster encoding speeds for Smart Card contact and MIFARE® contactless options
- Full range of Microsoft® certified drivers including Windows® 7 (32 and 64 bit), and Windows Vista® (64 bit)
- Increased standard printer memory to 20 MB
Current Javelin Professional-line card printer owners can take advantage of these enhancements immediately (apart from memory increase) by downloading the firmware and driver via the NBS website at http://www.nbstech.com. To ensure the full benefit of these enhancements, it is highly recommended that only Javelin TrueColours® i-Series™ ribbons be used. These ribbons provide users with superior quality and colour, together with increased printer reliability.
Javelin Professional-line printers offer a number of standard innovative design features, and encoding and networking options to meet any specific application requirement:
- Newly designed printhead which considerably reduces the frequency of printhead replacement
- Innovative and highly reliable angled card feeder design that reduces card jams
- 16-character LCD operator display for ease of use
- Encoding options, including Smart contact and Mifare® through NBS 's Javelin5™ ID card application software application
- Cost-effective TrueColours® half-panel colour ribbons allowing the colour image to be printed anywhere on the card
- Five heat tables which are selectable via the driver user interface to adjust the print colours
For more information on all of NBS’ card printing solutions, please consult our website http://www.nbstech.com.
About NBS Technologies Inc.
For over 30 years, NBS Technologies remains a leading provider of equipment for card personalization, EMV compliance/migration, smart card and semiconductor manufacturing, secure ID, and payment solutions for financial institutions, governments, and corporations worldwide. The company manufactures specialized and complementary product lines within its Smart Solutions, and Payment Solutions divisions. NBS Technologies' head office is located in Canada with locations in USA, France and the UK, along with a worldwide dealer network. For more information, visit http://www.nbstech.com.
NBS Technologies is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brookfield Asset Management (http://www.brookfield.com), a specialist asset manager. Focused on property, power and infrastructure assets, Brookfield has over US$90 billion of assets under management and is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock exchanges.
NBS and the NBS logo are registered trademarks of NBS Technologies Inc. in Canada and the US and trademarks in other countries. Javelin & the Javelin logo are registered trademarks of NBS Technologies Limited in the United States and European Union and are trademarks in other countries. Javelin5 & the Javelin5 design are trademarks of NBS Technologies Inc. All other brand and product names are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
# # #