Princeton, NJ (PRWEB) April 26, 2010
SmrtGuard, a leading smartphone security company for businesses and consumers, today announced the addition of Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam protection to its SmrtGuard services for BlackBerry® devices. These new anti-virus and anti-spam features complement SmrtGuard’s full suite of mobile security services that include wireless data backup and restore, remote location tracking, remote data wipe and personal safety features.
“Our goal is to provide the most comprehensive mobile security solutions for businesses and individuals, while making it as easy to manage as possible,” said Robert Kao, Founder and CEO of SmrtGuard. “Anti-virus and anti-spam protection was the next logical step for SmrtGuard as smartphones, like PCs, have increasingly become an essential part of our business and personal lives.”
The new anti-virus and anti-spam features are now available in the SmrtGuard Pro premium security service. SmrtGuard Pro includes the following data and device protection features:
Wireless Data Backup and Restore
- Automatically backup contacts, memo, To-Dos, call history, emails, calendar, and SMS, and wirelessly restore data to new smartphones, even across platforms.
Remote Data Wipe
- Remotely erase all data including contents of the microSD card and internal device.
- Uninstall key apps including Phone, Password Keeper, Facebook, and email/SMS.
- Remotely locate your lost or stolen device on a map and track its location.
- Listen in on the smartphone surroundings or audio ping the phone in case it is muted.
Loved One Tracking
- Ability to allow another user to track your smartphone.
- Turn your smartphone into a Panic Button and discretely trigger an emergency call, SMS, and/or email message with your approximate location.
SIM Card Guardian
- Automatic notification via email or SMS when an unregistered SIM Card is used.
- Protects smartphones and data against the latest viruses and malware with automatic virus scans and auto updates with the latest virus definitions.
Anti-Spam and Call Blocker
- Automatically remove email spam and block unwanted calls with easy to create blacklists. Backup blacklists for easy transfer to a new smartphone.
SmrtGuard has already rolled out the anti-virus and anti-spam features in its i-Guard mobile security suite, developed exclusively for Indosat (NYSE: IIT), the only carrier in Indonesia who that protects BlackBerry® devices and services. With i-Guard powered by SmrtGuard, Indosat’s BlackBerry® smartphones are secured and protected for the users on the go.
“We’re extremely excited to be able to offer our BlackBerry users these additional protection services,” said Guntur Siboro, Chief Marketing Officer of Indosat. “Virus and malware threats to smartphones are becoming increasingly prevalent and SmrtGuard’s innovation allows us to be on the cutting edge of mobile security.”
SmrtGuard is currently available for BlackBerry® and Android smartphones, and is coming soon for the Symbian platform. To download SmrtGuard’s free version or to purchase SmrtGuard Pro, visit http://www.smrtguard.com.
SmrtGuard provides industry-leading mobile security solutions for individuals, small business and enterprise organizations who need more security, control and management of their smartphone devices. SmrtGuard allows smartphone users to backup and restore data over the air, track the location of devices, protect against viruses and spam, and remotely wipe devices in the event of theft or loss. For more information, visit http://www.SmrtGuard.com.
Indosat Tbk is a leading telecommunication and information service provider in Indonesia that provides cellular services (Mentari, Matrix and IM3), fixed telecommunication services or fixed voice (IDD 001, IDD 008 and FlatCall 01016, fixed wireless service StarOne and I-Phone). Indosat also provides Multimedia, Internet and Data Communication Services (MIDI) through its subsidiary company, Indosat Mega Media (IM2) and Lintasarta. Indosat is also the pioneer in providing postpaid and prepaid 3.5G cellular services using HSDPA technology. Indosat is listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX:ISAT) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:IIT).
The BlackBerry® and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.