Being named on this list is a great reflection of our journey so far. We’ve come a long way on the global stage as we operate in 150 countries, so it’s nice to be recognized at home in Canada.
Calgary, Canada (PRWEB) April 26, 2010
Mob4Hire, the world’s largest mobile testing and market research community, was named as one of Canada’s top 25 ICT “Up and Comers.” Branham 300’s selections are based on “creativity and innovation whether in a new technology area or optimizing existing technology in an innovative manner … and because of the progress they made in a period of time when the margin for error was extremely small.”
Mob4Hire has recently announced their new Version 4.0 platform that now includes over 42,000 mobile testers from 150 countries and 1,000 mobile developers and market researchers from 84 countries. Developers submit projects that include functional and usability testing of mobiles apps, mobile websites and mobile ad campaigns. Testers (also known as “Mobsters”) have already made thousands of dollars for doing quality assurance work while at the same time helping mobile developers save up to 90% in traditional testing costs.
Mob4Hire version 4.0 offers:
- A vastly improved user experience, including automatic sign-up and login with Facebook Connect.
- A new Mob4Hire Survey Engine allowing for integrated surveys and data collection.
- The MobStar rating system, which tells developers what they would receive for user ratings in app stores BEFORE they release their apps so they have time to make vital improvements. App stores of network operators and handset manufacturers can also use the MobStar rating system as a way to filter bad and unsuitable apps.
- Mob4Hire as a Platform (MAAP) that has open API’s which allow network operators, handset manufacturers, O/S vendors and other partners to tap into the “power of the crowd.”
- Extended user profiles that allow for panel filtering using handsets, carriers and countries, as well as demographic information such as age, level of education, and marital status.
- Crowd-sourced services that covers a broad range of user feedback in the development cycle, not just functional testing
Mob4Hire’s unique mobile community has been increasingly recognized as a leading-edge firm by technology and wireless media. For example, in their bulletin, “Best Practices in Mobile Crowdsourcing,” Global Intelligence Alliance put crowd-sourcing leaders like Mob4Hire, txteagle, qik, kyte, UTest, waze, Loopt, Ushahidi, ahead of the pack in the mobile space.
Mob4Hire’s V4.0 platform replaces the V3.0 version that had been active since 2009 that focused on mobile functional testing. In addition to an infinitely scalable architecture, Mob4Hire now includes four crowd-sourced products that bring user feedback into every aspect of the mobile development cycle:
- MobTest: "Real World Mobile Testing"; Functional and Usability testing for mobile apps on thousands of handsets worldwide.
- MobSurvey: "Mobile Surveys. Global Panels."; The easiest way to ask mobile enthusiasts around the world just about anything.
- MobExperience: "Make Better Apps. Get 5 Star Reviews."; Customer Loyalty Research and Usability Testing BEFORE developers release their mobile apps
- MobAccelerator: "Get Discovered. Hit The Top 10 lists. Go Big."; Customer Loyalty Research coupled with instore user experience, discoverability and marketing research.
This allows mobile app / web developers and market researchers to not only test for bugs and technical compatibility, but also to collect key marketing and usability data from an independent tester in a truly mobile environment. This results in mobile applications and websites that work better, reach the market faster, and generate more viral revenue, all at a fraction of the cost compared to the old-school approach to testing.
The Branham 300 is compiled by Branham Group, which is a leading industry analyst and strategic consulting firm servicing the global information technology marketplace. Entering its 17th year, the Branham300 highlights the top Canadian and Multinational ICT companies operating in Canada and is widely considered to be a leading source of intelligence on Canada's ICT industry.