Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) April 27, 2010
Interop - Las Vegas and Atlanta (PRWEB) April 27, 2010 -- Reducing energy costs and implementing green initiatives has become a top priority for environmentally conscious corporations that want to stay ahead of the regulatory curve. However, even though these organizations have made energy conservation a large part of their stated corporate responsibilities, most have struggled to understand and gain visibility into their actual energy usage and waste in order to make the necessary changes throughout their enterprise. To address these challenges, JouleX, a Green IT company specializing in sustainable energy management systems for the enterprise, has developed technology that reduces energy costs by monitoring, analyzing and managing power usage for all network-connected devices and systems without the use of expensive and unwieldy software device agents.
Setting a new industry standard, the JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) moves beyond the previous technologies to provide a practical, three-stage approach to energy management in a single solution:
1. Monitoring: JEM provides continuous energy usage visibility via “agentless” monitoring of all devices and systems in the enterprise network, data center and facilities. Monitored devices include PCs and peripherals, VoIP phones, servers, CPUs and virtual machines, network switches and routers as well as HVAC and lighting systems.
2. Analyzing: JEM pinpoints reduction opportunities by dynamically analyzing energy usage, carbon emissions and device power states by any grouping such as date, time, location, department, devices and applications.
3. Managing: JEM reduces energy costs through planning and simulation, optimization, policy enforcement and event-driven rules—without impacting device or system availability and user productivity.
“Our technology is the first to proactively address the energy gap between a company’s actual energy usage and what it really needs to productively run its IT and facilities infrastructure,” said Tom Noonan, president and CEO at JouleX. “JEM is a third-generation solution that goes way beyond agent-based PC power management products, unobtrusively monitoring and controlling the power consumption of all devices and systems connected to the network. When you look at the collective potential for reducing energy waste, the opportunity to make both an environmental and cost-savings impact is tremendous.”
Key Features of JEM
- Agentless Network Based System – Simple deployment with no maintenance overhead needed for agents
- JEM Energy Policy – Align energy information with your business while applying rules to govern your energy needs
- Multi Vendor Support – Supports Windows, Mac, PCs, servers, VoIP, network devices, facilities today
- Multiple Energy Sources, Prices and Currency Support – Provides the most accurate energy accounting
- Flexible Rules Engine – Leverage simple rules to eliminate energy waste
- Powerful Reporting Module – Understand historical and current energy usage for decision making
- Corporate Energy Dashboard – Transparent view of energy costs across your enterprise
- Carbon Emissions Reporting – Complies with emerging regulatory environment
Multi-national corporations and government agencies that have complex enterprise infrastructures (i.e., multiple offices, networks, facilities, departments) stand to benefit most from this type of centralized, network-based energy management system. JEM’s ability to easily integrate with existing systems, network and facilities management infrastructures allows customers to deploy the solution within several hours and start realizing power savings in a single day. JEM subscriptions start at $10,000 annually.
The Impact of JEM
Estimated at $7 trillion annually, the global cost associated with energy consumption is increasing rapidly. According to Fraunhofer, a non-profit applied research and development center for sustainable energy, IT and communications power consumption is expected to increase 40 percent by 2020. However, companies can save 40 to 60 percent in energy consumption now by using JEM to manage network-connected corporate devices.
For example, a typical corporation with a 5,000-user JEM license can achieve the following cost and environmental impacts within a year:
- Cost savings in the amount of $330,273
- Energy savings of 2,752,272 kilowatts
- Reduction in greenhouse gases amounting to saving 1.3 million trees or taking 80,523 autos off the road
- For every dollar invested, JEM return four dollars of payback
Atlanta-based Interface, Inc. (NASDAQ: IFSIA), the worldwide leader in design, production and sales of environmentally-responsible modular carpet for the commercial, institutional and residential markets and a leading designer and manufacturer of commercial broadloom, is an example of a company that is passionate and dedicated to sustainability. Interface has recently implemented JEM to help reduce its energy footprint in support of the company’s Mission Zero commitment—its promise to eliminate any negative impact that Interface has on the environment by 2020.
Interface implemented JEM at its LaGrange, Ga., facility within just a few hours. “The solution was very quick and easy to deploy,” said Jeff Roman, vice president, Information Services, Interface, Inc. “Within 24 hours, we were not only monitoring the energy consumption of all of our networked devices, but we were also managing them—by powering them down on off-hours—to decrease our energy consumption. By using JEM, we were able to reduce our energy usage and realize true cost savings within the first month of implementation. That’s just smart business, and we plan to roll JEM out to our other facilities by the end of the year.”
JouleX is the leading innovator in sustainable energy management systems for the enterprise. Its flagship solution, the JouleX Energy Manager (JEM), provides the Global 2000 and government agencies with the ability to monitor, analyze and manage energy usage for all network connected devices and systems across the enterprise, including in distributed offices, data centers and facilities. Importantly, JEM works without the use of device agents, dramatically reducing installation time and removing the maintenance burden associated with similar technologies. JEM decreases energy costs by up to 60 percent while also providing robust reporting that enables compliance with emerging carbon monitoring requirements.
JouleX was founded in 2009 and is privately held with capital investments from Target Partners and TechOperators. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with European offices located in Munich and Kassel, Germany. For more information, please visit http://www.joulex.net, call (404) 567-4445 or send an email to info(at)joulex(dot)net.
© 2010 JouleX, Inc. JouleX and JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) are trademarks of JouleX, Inc. All other brands and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder.
Mandalay Bay Convention Center
JouleX Booth: Start Up City, Pod #5
# # #