San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 27, 2010
Social games have enjoyed a worldwide surge in popularity in recent years. The Japanese market also has the potential for rapid growth, not only in the mobile arena but also on PCs. Accordingly, Yahoo! JAPAN and DeNA plan to launch a PC-based social game platform (tentatively named Yahoo! Mobage) this summer. The two companies believe that combining the platform for Moba-ge-town, which currently has more than 18 million registered members, with Yahoo! JAPAN’s strength and ability to attract customers, plus the game development and operational expertise that DeNA has cultivated in the mobile arena, offer the opportunity for major synergies. Game developers’ development and roll-out of games that use the Mobage API should also help drive market expansion.
Yahoo! Mobage will provide a structure that enables the same games to be played both in PC and mobile environments. The new platform will also create a development and promotional environment that helps game developers roll out the same game for mobile terminals and PCs.
Overview of Tie-up
- Create and operate Yahoo! Mobage social game platform, sharing the Moba-ge-town user platform
- Convert Moba-ge-town’s mainstay social game titles, develop and launch new games, approach existing social groups
- Enable Yahoo! Wallet settlements on Yahoo! Mobage
- Encourage mutual introductions between Moba-ge-town and Yahoo! games
- Provide Yahoo! Mobile search engine on Moba-ge-town
- Link the Yahoo! JAPAN ID with the Moba-ge-town mobile phone ID to enable joint usage
- Conduct cross-promotion and encourage mutual introductions by users of PC and mobile versions
June 2010 Begin providing development environment to game developers (gradually)
Summer 2010 Begin providing Yahoo! Mobage services