Saint Louis, MO (PRWEB) April 30, 2010
Baseball season is here and so is one of the most popular courses at the Olin Business School.
That's right, batter up! It's time for the annual "Sports Management" course where students of Olin business and MBA programs study the business of sports.
Todd Milbourn, PhD, professor of finance, has had an all-star lineup of guest speakers this semester:
- Seth Abraham, former president of Time Warner’s HBO Sports and Madison Square Garden; founder and head of Starship SA (March 23, April 27);
- Ira Berkow, Pulitzer Prize-winning writer and former New York Times columnist (April 6);
- Todd DuBoef, president and COO of TopRank Boxing (April 20);
- Warren Friss, vice president and general manager at the Topps Co. (April 13);
- Strategic Partners Wealth Management: Stephen Rhodes, managing partner; Kerry Robinson, former St. Louis Cardinals baseball player and director of MLB operations; and Andy McCollum, former St. Louis Rams football player and director of career development (March 30).
MBA and undergraduate business degree students explore all aspects of the sports business during this elective course. From television rights to team and league management, from corporate sponsorship and marketing to media coverage, students are getting an overview of the sports economy.
Milbourn designed the course with Abraham two years ago, and the course has been popular in the Olin Business School curriculum ever since.
For more information on Washington University's Olin Business School MBA programs, please visit: http://www.olin.wustl.edu/academicprograms/MBA/Pages/default.aspx / mba(at)wustl(dot)edu / 314-935-7301.
About Olin Business School:
Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis is an institution of leaders: distinguished research faculty... exhilarated, brilliant students... and successful, energized alumni. Our 12 business degree and nondegree programs emphasize rigorously analytical, critical-thinking skills; applied learning; global competence; and communication and collaboration skills -- advancing today's business world and tomorrow's global leaders. Learn more about Olin Business School on the Web at:
# # #