Austin, TX (PRWEB) April 29, 2010
One of the world’s newest businesses – banks that deal in wetlands and endangered species – brings nearly 500 participants to the Austin Hilton May 3-6 for two days of “how-to” interactive sessions that promise both new ideas and controversy.
- Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works Jo-Ellen Darcy delivers the Keynote Address Tuesday, May 4 at 3:30 p.m.
- Panels will discuss new markets such as water quality trading, stormwater and carbon sequestration – and legislation affecting banking.
- The nation’s major mitigation and conservation bankers, federal/state regulators and users of banks will attend, as will representatives of well-known environmental organizations.
Of special interest to press:
- Field trips to Hickory Pass Conservation Bank, Twin Springs Preserve, Pineywoods Mitigation Bank, and Driftwood.
- Opening Session, May 4, 3:30 p.m.
- Luncheon Session – “Multiple Uses”, May 5, 11:30 a.m.
- Breakfast Session – “Legislative and Regulatory Update”, May 6, 7:30 a.m.
Press badges will admit reporters and photographers to sessions. Pick up your badge from Carlene Bahler at the Conference Registration Desk on the 6th floor of the Hilton Austin.
Conference sponsors include major banking firms, the federal agencies that regulate this industry, and users of banks. See http://www.mitigationbankingconference.com for a list.