San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 29, 2010
As the time nears for schools to break for the summer, Viator.com, the leading resource for researching and booking more than 5,500 trip activities and experiences at the best prices, is keeping the learning alive. The team of travel experts at Viator has selected a number of destination activities around the world that will enable travelers to experience something unique to their destination while challenging themselves to learn something new. From learning how to fly a plane in California to preparing homemade pasta in Italy, travelers this summer will take home much more than souvenirs.
Wine and Dine 101
Viator offers a smorgasbord of cooking classes and wine tastings featuring everything from French pastry to Louisiana gumbo to chocolate and wine pairings.
- Travelers will learn how to prepare a four-course Tuscan banquet with Chef Giovanni during the Small-Group Italian Cooking Class in Florence.
- The art of pasta making is taught and local wine is sipped during the Handmade Italian Pasta Cooking Course in Florence.
- Travelers can meet local butchers, bakers and farmers before arriving at a private apartment to experience the Small-Group French Cooking Class in Paris.
- Visitors to France can create and enjoy their very own special sweets during the Pastry and Dessert Course in Paris.
- Change gears from pastry to pralines and learn the basics of Louisiana cooking including gumbo and jambalaya during the New Orleans Cooking Class.
- From down-home to home-style, the Baipai Thai Cooking School Class in Bangkok explores Thai technique, local ingredients and aesthetic presentation.
- The Sushi Making and Tsukiji Fish Market Morning Tour from Tokyo includes a visit to the world’s largest fish market.
- Watch as chocolates are made by hand and savor the flavors of appropriate wine pairings during the Florence Chocolate and Wine Tasting.
- The Master class of the French Wine Tasting in Paris highlights food and wine pairings, tips on French label reading and how to find the grapes you like in France.
Travelers who enjoy the water and enjoy the things in the water will learn a lot from Viator’s selection of lessons that get them out of their street clothes, in some cases into a wetsuit, and into the waves.
- Viator will hook up the hang-10 tutorial for travelers with a selection of surfing lessons. Choose from waves in Auckland, New Zealand and Sydney, Australia or multiple U.S. beaches including Ft. Lauderdale, Kauai, Maui (like the Turtle Reef Kayak Tour and Maui Surf Instruction 101), Miami and Oahu.
- Taking it a little deeper, there is also a selection of SCUBA lessons in cities throughout Mexico including Acapulco, Cozumel, Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta, Georgetown in the Grand Caymans, Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, Negril, Jamaica and Cairns, Australia.
- From anatomy to behavioral training to an actual in the water command session the Cozumel Dolphin Trainer experience in Mexico will thrill. Perform as an active member of the training team during “swim with dolphin” encounters with the Dolphin Trainer for a Day in Cabo San Lucas experience. Orlando offers an opportunity to have some hands on croc wrangling during the Gatorland General Admission Ticket and Trainer for a Day Program.
Travelers can learn how to best photograph their destination while learning the basics of composition, lighting and settings with Viator’s selection of photography tours like the Private New York Walking Tour with a Personal Photographer offered in more than 30 destinations including Athens, Boston, New York, Prague, Tahoe, Venice and Washington, D.C.
There are other lessons that are quite unique in theme, very exciting and, speak for themselves:
- Roman Gladiator School: Learn How to Become a Gladiator in Rome
- Richard Petty Drive-Along: Experience of a Lifetime at Walt Disney World Speedway Orlando
- Perfume Workshop in Paris
- Learn to Fly Discovery Flight in San Diego
- U-Fly Ultimate Heli Flight at Cairns Helicopter School
- Japanese Calligraphy Morning Tour from Tokyo
And what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas:
Travelers can visit Viator.com for more information on the wide variety of lessons offered around the world. The award-winning Viator Travel Blog at travelblog.viator.com can also provide travelers with inspiration and ideas for an upcoming trip.
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 450-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator - the Latin word for traveler - offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like more than 100,000 traveler reviews and photos, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at Viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes more than 2.5 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.