Strategy for Remediation of Dinitroxylene (DNX) at Munitions-Contaminated Sites
Los Angeles, CA (Vocus) May 1, 2010
The Adventus Group, a remediation biotechnology enterprise for treatment of contaminated soil, sediment and groundwater environments, is proud to announce that its EPA-approved, sustainable remediation technologies will be widely highlighted during the 6th international conference on Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds, being held May 24-27 in Monterey, California.
Forward thinking environmental consultants and engineers continually seek the best remedial solutions to effectively manage complex, challenging environmental liabilities. Ideally, integrated and cost-efficient solutions can be identified to aggressively treat a range of contaminants, while saving clients time and treasure. Since its incorporation in 2003, Adventus has been demonstrating at field-scale around the world an unparalleled ability to remediate chlorinated solvents, pesticides/herbicides, heavy metals, organic explosives, and petroleum hydrocarbons.
A comprehensive summary of the Technical Session Oral Presentations and Poster Presentations is attached in PDF format for easy reference.
Some highlights include presentations in these important disciplines, and their associated Abstract Titles:
1. Incorporating Green and Sustainable Remediation into Remedy Selection and Design.
“Predictions and Reality: Quantified Sustainability Evaluation of TCE Source Area Remediation Using EPA Performance Metrics”
2. Risk Based and Performance Based Cleanup.
“Advanced Diagnostics for Cost Management and Expedited Closure”
3. In Situ Chemical Reduction.
“In Situ Chemical Reduction Technologies – Differentiators and Technology Implementation”
“Elucidation of Abiotic Pathways during successful ISCR-Enhanced Bioremediation of TCE Source Area”
“Field Study for In Situ Chemical Reduction of Carbon Tetrachloride Using EHC®”
“Full-Scale Implementation of ISCR and Aerobic Bioremediation to Treat Pentachlorophenol in Groundwater and Soil – Brazil Site”
4. Munitions Constituent Characterization and Treatment at Ammunition Plants, Training Ranges, and Munitions Response Sites.
“Strategy for Remediation of Dinitroxylene (DNX) at Munitions-Contaminated Sites”
5. Optimized Strategies for Subsurface Delivery of Injectable Zero-Valent Iron.
“Fracture-Emplacement and 3-D Mapping of a Micro-iron/Carbon Amendment in TCE-Impacted Sedimentary Bedrock”
“Injection of ZVI/Carbon for Complete Source Zone Treatment of PCE/TCE in Fractured Basalt”
“Subsurface Distribution of ZVI/EHC Slurry – Validating Radius of Influence”
6. Remediation of MGP Sites.
“In Situ Geochemical Stabilization (ISGS™) for NAPL Management”
7. Enhanced Bioremediation of Chlorinated Solvents.
“Remediation of 1,2-Dichloroethane – and Vinyl Chloride-Contaminated Groundwater: Lab and Field-Pilot Tests”
8. Delivery Distribution Case Studies for ISCO and Bioremediation.
“Evaluation of an Hydraulic Fracture-Emplacement EHC® Reactive Barrier”
9. Advances in Bioremediation for Site Restoration.
“Large-Scale In Situ Bioremediation of Pesticide-Impacted Soil”
10. Interaction of In Situ Biotic and Abiotic Processes.
“In Situ Abiotic/Biotic Degradation of Chlorinated Ethenes at Moffett Field, California”
If you are attending this important Symposium, please plan to attend these Presentations, and visit us at Booth #410 (Adventus Americas). Archived copies of all Presentations will be made available at http://www.adventusgroup.com/library/.
May we help you develop your remediation plan? Click here for more details.
About Adventus Group – Environmental Biotechnologies for the 21st Century
Adventus Group provides a growing portfolio of leading environmental remediation technologies, including patented offerings from Adventus Americas Inc., and EnviroMetal Technologies Inc. Our business model supports site owners, environmental engineers, consultants, regulators, and the academic community by providing unbiased design, and selection of the most cost-effective remediation strategies. Our proprietary portfolio includes:
- In Situ Chemical Reduction (ISCR™) technologies:
- DARAMEND® for soils, sludges and sediments;
- EHC® portfolio of injectable amendments for groundwater;
- EHC® -A liquid formulation for wells and other networks;
- EHC® -M for immobilization of soluble metal impacts;
- A-SOX™ canister delivery system;
- ZVI PRBs and related groundwater treatment innovations;
- ZVI-Clay for in situ source zone treatment;
- EHC-O® oxygen releasing compound for in situ hydrocarbon treatment;
- O-SOX™ canister delivery system;
- ISGS™ in situ geochemical stabilization of DNAPL;
- AquaBlok® for in situ sub-aqueous capping and treatment of sediments;
- AquaBlok+™ for capping and treatment of impacted sediments;
- HoleBlok+™ down-well, low-permeability sealant;
- mGCW™ microbiologically enhanced Groundwater Circulation Wells;
- Modeling Services for optimization of remedial designs and strategies.
The Adventus scientific team is a recognized practice leader, with over 500 Abstracts published within the industry. Through April 2010, we have successfully treated over 8,000,000 metric tons of soil impacted by hazardous wastes and millions of gallons of groundwater at over 1,000 sites around the globe. For more information visit us online at http://www.AdventusGroup.com.