Vista, CA (PRWEB) May 3, 2010
Clinton Keith consulting announces a Certified Scrum Product Owner course to help IT/Development teams using Scrum to make products right way. Attendees will learn the tools and skills to become an effective product owner from a trainer with 25 years of product development experience and over seven years of Scrum experience.
Building a product with a new process can be a daunting prospect. Being asked to serve as the team’s Product Owner can be downright intimidating.
This 2-day course teaches attendees required knowledge to become an effective product owners and guide the emergence of great products in the most direct way possible. It employs hands-on exercises as well as interactive instruction to give the best possible foundation for succeeding in the Product Owner role.
About the Instructor
Clinton Keith, an experienced Certified Scrum Trainer based in San Diego, has over 25 years of product development experience with over seven years of experience shipping products using Scrum and training teams to use it. In addition to teaching public courses, he works directly with teams on location to assist them in their adoption of agile.
"I could not recommend taking a class with Clinton more. His presentation materials were top notch and his ability to convey the principles associated with Scrum were both intriguing and effective. I left the class with such a great understanding of Scrum and had a wealth of tools to help with implementing this methodology in my organization." - Anthony Urso , Public Class Attendee
“He is a skilled instructor who brings passion and a tremendous depth of experience and know-how to his classes.” - Mike Cohn, Board Member of the Scrum Alliance and author.
“Clinton is a very dynamic and entertaining instructor that can captivate an audience’s attention. Having an interesting instructor that can also be funny and do a lot of group activities is essential when having to be in a class for 7 or 8 hours.” - Shirley Stevenson, Public class attendee
Attendees will Learn:
- How to launch a Scrum project
- The role and responsibilities of the Product Owner
- How to establish and support a vision for a product with the entire team
- Create and maintain a good product backlog
- How to plan, estimate and track releases
- How to help teams plan, execute and review sprints
- Better business value engineering
- How to use the empirical tools of Scrum to manage scope, budget or schedule constraints
- How to work with agile teams and stakeholders
- How to use other tools such as:
- Muscow analysis and Kano planning
- Planning poker
- Collaborative Innovation Games ®
- High quality training
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified Scrum Product Owner®
- A one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- A lunch, afternoon snack, and a ready supply of drinks
- A 1 GB USB drive containing a PDF of the course materials
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials
- Planning Poker® cards for use in estimating with your team
Enter discount code "San Diego" for $50 off registration.
# # #