Mobilescape's extensible, easy-to-use firmware is a key feature for many of our larger enterprise clients
Houston, TX (PRWEB) May 5, 2010
Mobilescape, the provider of the market's leading mobile payment solution for credit cards and checks, today announced the launch of InstallmentPay, a unique feature that enables mobile merchants to schedule up to three additional partial credit card payments at the point of sale. For merchants that sell larger-ticket items and services, giving customers the ability to split payments by date and amount increases the likelihood of a sale and provides streamlined back-office accounting, management and reporting for scheduled payments.
One of Mobilescape's existing enterprise clients already offered its customers the option of making a partial payment at the time of service and then scheduling additional payments. However, the process was paper-based and required the company's accounting staff to manage baskets of paper charge slips and manually enter those transactions each day. As the customer struggled to manage hundreds of printed credit card numbers each month, its staff became overwhelmed by the sheer amount of paperwork and manual effort required to enter, process and report on those payments.
Mobilescape worked with the client to create a new future-payment module for its wireless processing device and its Web-based reporting system, Mobilescape Manager. Key elements of the solution include:
- Flexible amount and dates. The merchant can choose the amount of the initial charge at the point of sale, as well as future payment amounts and the dates that those payments will be charged.
- AVS (Address Verification System) entry. AVS information is collected at the point of sale in order to secure lower discount rates for future transactions.
- Expired card detection. The payment scheduler will detect whether any installment payments extend beyond the expiration date of the card, and will prompt the user for date changes before proceeding. Only one payment per day is allowed.
- Online scheduled transaction details. Mobilescape Manager's detail page for a transaction will display the transaction's details and a signed copy of the customer's receipt. All processed and scheduled payments for the customer are listed at the bottom of the page and can be viewed in detail.
- Online transaction resubmits. Users can manage customer transactions through their Mobilescape Manager account by resubmitting declined transactions and crediting processed transactions.
"Mobilescape's extensible, easy-to-use firmware is a key feature for many of our larger enterprise clients," said Richard A. Howell, vice president of mobile payments at BankServ, Mobilescape's parent company. "We enable our customers to customize payment screens and processes to meet the needs of their business at the point of sale. From the InstallmentPay feature to airline inventory modules, residential service invoice tracking, and taxi and restaurant tip screens, Mobilescape provides robust point of sale functionality far beyond simple point of sale swipe devices."
The InstallmentPay feature is available to all deployed enterprise customers of Mobilescape. For more information about the Mobilescape mobile payment solution, please visit http://www.mobilescape.com.
Mobilescape is the market's most cost-effective, full-featured and durable mobile payment solution for credit cards and checks. The Mobilescape solution includes hardware, customizable firmware, wireless service, transaction processing and 24/7 support and maintenance.
Mobilescape's unique hardware features include electronic check conversion and customizable payment screens with easy-to-use icons. Web-based features include true signature capture and transaction analytics that are exportable to any finance or accounting package. Mobilescape is the
mobile payment partner of choice for leading enterprises in healthcare, food service, transportation, delivery fleets, mobile photographers and residential services.
For more information, please visit http://www.mobilescape.com.