Placerville, CA (PRWEB) May 6, 2010
Alight LLC, developers of the industry-leading Alight Planning performance management software, today announced the immediate availability of Alight Enterprise 6 featuring the industry’s most flexible continuous planning solution that enables companies to develop dynamic rolling forecasts and long range plans as well as traditional budgets. With robust scenario analysis, built in architectures for building and replicating driver-based planning models, and customizable end user interfaces, Alight Enterprise 6 provides unprecedented functionality for a full spectrum of planning activities for mid-sized companies and divisions of the Fortune 500.
In announcing the release, Rand Heer, Alight’s CEO, said: “The focus of this release is twofold: first, to enhance the planning administrator’s control over the end user’s experience by streamlining file check-out and check-in procedures and allowing customization of the user’s budgeting and forecasting interface; and second, by providing power users improved tools for developing and replicating large scale driver models which are the foundation of flexible rolling forecasts.”
Commenting on the release of Alight Enterprise 6, Michael Kerr, CFO of Wimba, a collaborative learning solutions and services company, said: “I’ve tracked Alight Planning through two companies and three major releases. There’s no question the Alight team knows what’s it’s doing in the planning space. Version 6 with custom end user interfaces and auto-replication is another big step forward in the continuing evolution of a great product.”
Focus on End Users
The Alight Enterprise 6 release further enhances the tools available to plan administrators for customizing the end user experience and workflow processes. The toolkit now includes:
- Customization of report interfaces allowing user control over show/hide functionality for unit/rate/amount activity driver columns, intelligent operator columns and other analytics.
- Customization of report interfaces for manipulation of dimension filters and showing/hiding of dimension tags.
- Setting user security at the dimension member level as well as traditional rollup structures such as product and department.
- Specifying the level of interaction each user can have with data sets—for example: read only, change values, add line items, and create models.
“With the latest feature additions, we believe Alight Planning now has the most comprehensive set administrator tools for managing the overall end user environment for budgets and forecasting,” said Heer. “Alight Planning’s controls let the administrator manage every aspect of the planning process with a special focus on making the end user’s job of inputting and analyzing data easy and training free.”
Focus on Modeler Developers
Alight’s reputation as the most flexible and intuitive software for building driver-based models for budgets and rolling forecasts is further enhanced in the Alight Enterprise 6 release by improved formula building interfaces and automated model replication methodologies. The software’s feature set for building complex driver models includes:
- Built in unit/rate/amount architecture for integrating operational metrics into driver models.
- Point and click interfaces with object based linking for fast model building and maintenance.
- Auto-replication for exploding driver models across multiple dimensions and rollup structures.
- Automated system notes for tracking relationships between modeled elements.
- Key Measures interface for presenting sub-set driver models and testing input assumptions.
For a live demo of Alight Enterprise 6 or to order trial software, visit http://www.AlightPlanning.com.
About Alight LLC
Alight LLC’s Alight Planning is a true driver-based financial planning and reporting software package that automates complex business modeling for more accurate strategic plans, revenue projections, budgets and rolling forecasts. Its unique architectures and easy-to-use interfaces provide finance staff the power they need to build complex driver-based planning models, while delivering traditional budgeting and planning structures such as line item detail, integrated financial statements and multiple-user security. Cost-effective and IT-independent, Alight Planning is affordable and easily deployed by Fortune 500 business units, as well as midmarket companies with limited IT resources. Alight has over 175 customers including Kaiser Permanente, Pittsburgh Mercy, the Swan and Dolphin Resort at Disney World and Verizon Wireless. For more information about Alight Planning, visit http://www.AlightPlanning.com or call 800-960-7717.