Westborough, Mass. (Vocus) May 8, 2010
GenomeQuest, the global leader in sequence data management (SDM), and Thomson Reuters, the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, are hosting a free IP seminar on June 10, in South San Francisco, CA.The seminar will present the competitive advantage to professionals accessing Thomson Reuters’ GENESEQ, through the new 6.3 version of the browser-based GenomeQuest IP solution.
When: June 10, 2010 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Embassy Suites Hotel
250 Gateway Blvd.
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Hotel Phone: 650.589.3400
Background: The amount of data recorded in global sequence databases is growing exponentially. And information about patented sequences is growing even faster. Legal professionals and scientists doing the critical work of IP research are seeking the best and fastest way to discover IP sequence information across these databases.
Their options include outsourcing the work or serially searching through the full set of global databases. Increasingly, they are choosing a third alternative -- GenomeQuest, an online, single point of IP information with easy-to-use, powerful mining tools.
More than 160 leading life science companies use GenomeQuest for mission-critical work, including 17 of the top 20 pharmaceuticals.
- How GENESEQ complements other patent sequence resources such as GQ-PAT.
- Trends in biological sequence patenting and why accessing GENESEQ via the GenomeQuest live solution can give you a competitive edge.
- How GenomeQuest aggregates, normalizes, curates, and updates IP information from global databases, including USPTO, EPO, WIPO, INPADOC, GenBank, EMBL, DDBJ, and paper filings from WIPO. Over 265,000 patents -- including their sequences and all annotations -- are now stored and updated in the GQPAT database.
- GenomeQuest's multiple search algorithms, including BLAST, GenePast, and others.
- The GenomeQuest result browser, which allows users to query/filter/group on any field, quickly pinpoint results of most interest, and generate comprehensive reports.
- How law firms, pharmaceutical firms, biotech companies, and academia are using GenomeQuest to research IP validity, freedom-to-operate, patent infringement, and business opportunity.
- How to perform all these operations using a Web browser with zero IT costs and administration.
- Overall, how GenomeQuest is an integrated solution for all your IP sequence searching needs -- boosting productivity and increasing the quality of results.
Dr. Kamalakar Gulukota, Scientist, GenomeQuest, Inc.
Colin Williams, Director, Product Strategy, Thomson Reuters
Registration Online: http://www.genomequest.com/IPseminarWest
Learn more at http://www.genomequest.com
2010 GenomeQuest Inc. All rights reserved. GenomeQuest is a service mark and the GE Engine is a trademark of GenomeQuest Inc.