Herndon, VA (PRWEB) May 12, 2010
Apex CoVantage, a leader in smart grid technology, announces an exclusive, executive-level smart grid webinar: Which AMI Technology is Right for You - One Size Doesn't Fit All. The webinar, taking place Tuesday, May 25 from 2:00-3:00 pm EDT, will tackle the toughest challenge facing utilities - selecting the AMI technology that is right for their specific needs.
Utilities are being bombarded these days with disparate technology pitches from an increasing number of technology vendors. But every utility is unique in its AMI goals, size, and service territory. One AMI technology is not the best for all.
In this webinar, expert panelists, David O'Brien and Peggy Page, will give practical, real-world advice on the available AMI technologies and evaluate them from the utility perspective. Participants will learn how to go about selecting the AMI technology (or mix of technologies) that is right for them.
- David O'Brien, Apex Smart Grid Advisor and former CEO of Toronto Hydro will weigh in with his first-hand experience heading the deployment of 600,000+ smart meters and TOU billing implementation. Toronto Hydro's award-winning implementation is recognized as one of the fastest, most extensive meter deployments in North America with an exemplary degree of customer support and satisfaction.
- Peggy Page, Senior Consultant, Smart Grid Options will discuss the selection of appropriate AMI technology from a utility perspective, present options for managing the inevitable data overload and share her experience with billing, load research and real time pricing.
Attendees will learn:
- What to consider when formulating a sound business case for AMI deployment.
- A clearer picture of which technology is best suited for their utility's unique makeup, goals and objectives.
- Why involving the customer at every step of the process is a key to success.
- Why instituting detailed quality measures across all AMI deployment components is a must.
- The important of accurate, granular GIS data to realize the full operational benefits of AMI.
- Meter Data Management Systems: does every utility need one? Why or why not?
- Other critical information relating to smart grid/smart meter systems.
To register for the May 25 Smart Grid webinar and to learn more about Apex's smart grid solutions, please visit http://www.apexcovantage.com.
About Apex CoVantage
Apex CoVantage is a private, employee-owned company that for more than 20 years has helped businesses to develop and execute strategies in the information and knowledge fields. Based in Herndon, Virginia, Apex was a pioneer in the market for off-shore knowledge-based solutions; we now have over 2,500 employees here and abroad. From the beginning, Apex specialized in developing and improving man-machine processes that optimally combined human creativity with machine processing efficiency, sometimes finding transformative solutions leading to quantum gains in efficiency--often well beyond what clients thought possible. For more information, please see our website at http://www.apexcovantage.com.