Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) May 12, 2010
AvePoint, a provider of infrastructure management software solutions for Microsoft SharePoint Server, today announced that its latest release of its flagship product - the DocAve Software Platform v5.5 - provides full support for Microsoft® SharePoint® Server 2010, in addition to supporting Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 environments. The latest DocAve release delivers enhanced functionality across its entire suite of modules, providing organizations with the tools necessary to fully realize the benefits of SharePoint Server 2010.
"Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 will undoubtedly revolutionize the way organizations manage and organize business processes, in order to compete in today's ultra-competitive global economy," said George Petrou, AvePoint's Vice President of Product Management. "As part of the Microsoft Office Technology Adoption Program, AvePoint has been working closely with Microsoft to ensure that our solutions support SharePoint Server 2010. Our goal is to build software solutions that remove the administrative and financial barriers that prevent organizations from more fully embracing SharePoint technologies for success, and we are proud to deliver tools to efficiently deploy, centrally manage, robustly protect, seamlessly integrate, and optimize their SharePoint Server 2010 deployments."
"Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and AvePoint's DocAve Software Platform provide new ways for people to work together and increase productivity," said Eric Swift, general manager of SharePoint at Microsoft Corp. "DocAve complements the features and functionality in SharePoint Server 2010, powering productivity and collaboration across the applications people already know and use."
DocAve for a Seamless SharePoint Server 2010 Experience
SharePoint Server 2010 delivers numerous feature enhancements aimed at streamlining the end-user and developer experience, in order to provide a more unified and comprehensive information management and development platform. With more than 24 independently deployable modules within the DocAve Software Platform, all piloted via a unified, browser-based interface and built upon a fully distributed architecture, DocAve provides the software solutions SharePoint administrators need to efficiently steward their organizations' SharePoint Server 2010 environments.
- Administration - DocAve gives organizations the agility and control necessary to fully leverage SharePoint Server 2010 for success, enabling unified management of all SharePoint Server permissions, users, objects, and content from a single interface for multiple SharePoint Server environments and instances.
- Storage Optimization - DocAve enables organizations to keep their Microsoft SQL Server 2008 resources optimized with intelligent archiving, automated, real-time binary large object (BLOB) offloading via the EBS/RBS providers, and migration-free SharePoint Server 2010 connectivity to network and file share content.
- Reporting & Testing - DocAve arms administrators with a fully customizable dashboard to access all mission-critical analytics regarding SharePoint Server 2010 infrastructure, health, and activity, as well as resources to create fully customizable SharePoint Server testing environments.
- Replication & Integration - DocAve enables real-time one-way, two-way, and one-to-many synchronization of SharePoint Server 2010 content and configurations, within or across farms, so they can ensure all end-users have access to the most up-to-date information.
- Data Protection - DocAve delivers comprehensive SharePoint Server data protection, with support for granular, item level through platform level backup, and swift, full-fidelity recovery of SharePoint Server 2010 content and architecture.
- Regulatory Compliance - DocAve delivers the comprehensive auditing, flexible reporting, and automated life-cycle management tools organizations require to meet all regulatory obligations and best practice protocols, in addition to enabling and supporting a culture of proactive compliance for SharePoint Server 2010 deployments.
- Migration - DocAve ensures that companies using prior versions of SharePoint (including Windows SharePoint Services v2 and v3, SharePoint Portal Server 2003, and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007), or a variety of legacy platforms, including Lotus Notes and Documentum, can perform a secure and lossless migration to SharePoint Server 2010.
The DocAve Software Platform v5.5 supports Office SharePoint Server 2007 and SharePoint Server 2010 deployments. To request a free, fully enabled 30-day trial of the DocAve Software Platform, please visit http://www.avepoint.com/resources/free-trial-downloads/
To speak with an AvePoint sales professional, please call (201) 793-1111, or email Sales (at) AvePoint (dot) com.
AvePoint is a global technology company and software innovator. Since 2001, AvePoint has been a leading provider of enterprise-strength infrastructure management solutions for all Microsoft SharePoint products and technologies. AvePoint's award-winning DocAve Software Platform delivers comprehensive and flexible infrastructure support for backup and recovery, replication, migration, administration, archiving, deployment management, and compliance, while piloting the products of OEM partners such as NetApp and IBM. With headquarters in Jersey City, NJ, and wholly owned engineering centers and sales offices worldwide, AvePoint serves more than 5,000 enterprise customers. AvePoint is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and GSA Certified Provider.
AvePoint Media Contact:
Tucker Hall - Director of Marketing
Tel: (201) 793-1111
Email: Tucker.Hall (at) AvePoint (dot) com
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.