Herndon, VA (PRWEB) May 12, 2010
Apptix (OSE: APP), the leading provider of hosted Microsoft Exchange email, Microsoft SharePoint, and VoIP services for businesses worldwide, announced today that E-Appraisal, a Las Vegas-based provider of residential and commercial appraisal services and products to individuals, lenders, and other institutions, has increased internal and client collaboration while reducing email costs alone by nearly 90 percent through the use of Apptix hosted communication solutions.
“We are extremely pleased with the range of services we’ve received from Apptix and are happy we made the switch from our previous provider,” said Greg Rodriguez, Director of Operations for E-Appraisal. “Apptix’s hosted solutions are cost efficient and wonderful for the fast paced collaboration our office requires on a daily basis.”
E-Appraisal is using Apptix Hosted Microsoft Exchange with ActiveSync for mobile email on iPhone and Windows Mobile devices, SharePoint, and Microsoft Communicator for secure Instant Message with Presence capability.
E-Appraisal has experienced a variety of benefits since moving to a mainly hosted IT environment including:
- Increased Internal Collaboration and Communication – Using Hosted SharePoint, the company has created a custom template for managing orders from origination to post-closing. The template outlines the tasks at each step and enables responsible parties to record status. These tasks could not be managed as effectively within the expensive appraisal software solution the company uses. The business-class IM functionality allows the team to quickly communicate and keep projects moving forward.
- Reliability – E-Appraisal has enjoyed 100 percent uptime since switching to Apptix. A momentary issue with SharePoint Service was resolved within five minutes and included a follow-up call from customer service to confirm that the service was back up and running.
- Cost Savings – E-Appraisal’s previous email solution was charging per megabyte for storage. With the company having to send large appraisal files and retain client communication, the costs added up to be as high as $500 per month. Today, their total cost for SharePoint, IM, and email are under $60.
- Mobile Functionality – The hosted solution allows the team to have the same email functionality whether in the office or on their home computers. With Apptix Instant Messaging, E-Appraisal team members get IM alerts in their email inbox when they are away from their computer and can respond immediately via phone or email.
- Service to Customers – Industry regulations now require appraisers to disclose if they have provided a previous service on a specific property within the past three years. By organizing projects in SharePoint, they can now easily pull up records to determine if any disclosure is necessary. Also, with the mobile email, the team can respond immediately to customers, no matter their location.
“Many of our clients with employees constantly on the move, like the E-Appraisal team, experience significant improvements by moving to a full suite of hosted solutions for their communication and collaboration needs,” said Chris Damvakaris, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Apptix. “Our hosted model allows businesses of any size to utilize enterprise-class solutions while realizing incredible cost savings over their previous IT systems.”
Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Apptix (OSE: APP) is the leading provider of business-class hosted email, voice, and collaboration services for 200,000 users worldwide. A pioneer in the hosted services space, Apptix and its MailStreet subsidiary offer a variety of communications and IT services including: Microsoft Exchange plus Outlook Voice Access; VoIP; Microsoft SharePoint; Web conferencing and secure Instant Message and Presence via Microsoft Office Communications Server R2; Online Backup by EMC's Mozy; mobile email (including BlackBerry, Palm, Android, Windows Mobile, and iPhone); compliant archiving; and a Web presence solution that includes domain registration, DNS hosting, and Website hosting. Apptix is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Hosting and Application Services. Apptix is recognized as one of the CRN 2009 & 2008 Fast Growth 100, Deloitte's 2009 & 2008 North American Technology Fast 500, Software Magazine's 2009 & 2008 Software 500, Washington Business Journal 2009 & 2008 Fastest Growing Companies, as a finalist in the Customer Service and Product Departments categories for the 2009 American Business Awards (Stevie Awards), and as a 2009 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference Awards finalist in the Unified Communications Solutions category. For more information, visit http://www.apptix.com or follow at http://www.twitter.com/apptix.
Product or service names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.