This conference is an excellent time for us to strengthen our relationship with our European customers and INTERCHIP AG, our newest business partner for Germany, Austria and Switzerland
Houston, TX (PRWEB) May 14, 2010
Zephyr is pleased to announce their participation at the IBM System z Technical University conference in Berlin, May 17-21, 2010. Zephyr will exhibit at the IBM European conference to present their PASSPORT solutions for IBM 3270 host access and legacy integration.
Whilst PASSPORT solutions also support IBM System i (AS/400), and UNIX/Linux/OpenVMS (VT) systems, its largest customers are predominantly IBM System z users.
"This conference is an excellent time for us to strengthen our relationship with our European customers and INTERCHIP AG, our newest business partner for Germany, Austria and Switzerland," says David Muck, Zephyr President.
Zephyr's expertise in fast, secure and cost effective 3270 host access and integration with Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Server, can be seen at the Solution Center of the IBM System z Technical University Conference, Berlin. Representatives of Zephyr are also available during the conference for private meetings and demonstrations of their PASSPORT products and services.
The IBM System z Technical University, featuring z/OS, z/VM, z/VSE, Linux on System z and Storage, is the IBM conference devoted to skilled professionals who support the mainframe environment. Technical experts from the IBM System z™ community will share their experience and expertise for a memorable week of technical education. More than 200 sessions cover technology topics and new product advances including:
- IBM System z10® Enterprise Class (z10 EC) and Business Class (z10 BC)
- IBM System z10® Hiperdispatch, Capacity on Demand, and Specialty Engines
- IBM z/OS® V1.11 new features and migration
- IBM z/VM® V6.1 extending virtualization technology, and statements of direction
- IBM z/VSE™ V4.3 preview, and V4.2 for growing workloads
- Linux® on IBM System z
- IBM WebSphere® Application Server for z/OS and Java for z/OS
- IBM DB2® and Business Intelligence (BI) for System z
- The latest functions in IBM Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex™ (GDPS®) and IBM Parallel Sysplex® support
- Cloud Computing, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and the System z platform
- System z leadership in virtualization
- Mainframe software consolidation and pricing
- System Storage and Storage Networking
- IBM System z security, networking and performance
- System z technology, platform selection and the green data center
- Developing the Next Generation of System z Professionals
Who should attend?
- Mainframe (z/OS, z/VSE, z/VM) programmers, system administrators, technical support managers
- Linux professionals who want to add mainframe skills
- Performance analysts, managers, data center managers
- Hardware or capacity planners who want to learn how to master, manage and exploit information
A- nyone who plans to implement, manage, or operate z/OS, z/VM, and Linux on the IBM System z
Microsoft Windows 7 Access to IBM System Z in Minutes
By utilizing IBM WebSphere for z/OS, large organizations can deploy thousands of Zephyr PASSPORT WEB TO HOST terminal emulation clients in minutes. PASSPORT WEB TO HOST is Certified and Ready for Windows 7.
PASSPORT offers advanced terminal emulation and file transfer for Microsoft Windows operating systems, including Windows 7. Both desktop and browser-based versions of PASSPORT are available and feature robust APIs for screen-based legacy integration, as well as VBScript to develop productivity-enhancing macros. Secure TN3270E, TN5250E, VT, SCO ANSI, Wyse and FTP clients are included in the PASSPORT PC TO HOST and PASSPORT WEB TO HOST terminal emulation suites using SSL and SSH security.
Founded in 1985, Zephyr is an employee owned company that is debt-free and consistently profitable. The large majority of our revenue recurs annually and the company maintains an almost 100% renewal rate of its products and services. Zephyr maintains offices and distributors in the U.S., UK, Germany, South Africa and throughout Latin America. Our client portfolio includes large banks such as Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Comerica, U.S. Bank and Wachovia, as well as large insurance companies such as Liberty Mutual, Nationwide Insurance and Progressive.