St. Mary’s City, MD (PRWEB) May 14, 2010
Larry Vote, acting president of St. Mary’s College, recently awarded an Environmental Studies Scholarship funded by KBE Building Corporation to Jaclyn Fiackos of Ellicott City, MD (see accompanying photo). This award, which is funded for four years, provides a $2,500 scholarship to a different student each year who satisfies the following criteria:
1) a rising senior;
2) enrolled in Environmental Studies or Education Studies in the field of environmental work;
3) demonstrates financial need;
4) involved in the James P. Muldoon River Center project at St. Mary’s College (which KBE Building Corporation constructed for the College)
5) demonstrates compassion toward others through community service; and
6) maintains a minimum GPA of 3.0 throughout the period of the scholarship.
Ms. Fiackos is a junior majoring in human studies. She is on the Dean's List, participates in Habitat for Humanity, and the St. Mary's River Project Education Team. She is also the editor of the "Dove" yearbook and a member of the Omicron Delta Kappa honor society. Jaclyn plans to complete the Master of Arts in Teaching Program at St. Mary's College and become a teacher. She would like to teach math or become a math specialist at an elementary school.
About KBE Building Corporation
Regionally located in Columbia, Maryland and Farmington, Connecticut, KBE Building Corporation is a $300 million full-service, single-source commercial construction company strategically positioned to serve the Eastern and Mid-Atlantic U.S. Founded in 1959 and incorporated in 1966, the firm provides preconstruction, construction management, design-build, and general contracting services to clients in the corporate, educational, seniors, hospitality, health care, institutional, and retail markets. The firm is ranked among Engineering News-Record magazine’s top 400 construction companies nationally. Visit the company’s Web site at http://www.kbebuilding.com.
# # #