After the success of last year's event, I was honoured to again be given the opportunity to help celebrate the nation's love of camping, caravanning and the great outdoors.
(PRWeb UK) May 15, 2010
Television presenter Julia Bradbury and Club President and botanist David Bellamy will be The Camping and Caravanning Club’s guests at its popular New to Camping event at Warwick Castle on Wednesday, June 2 and Thursday, June 3.
The celebrity duo will be available to answer any questions, sign autographs and pose for photographs throughout the two days.
Bradbury, who fronts BBC1’s Countryfile alongside Matt Baker, will hold talks about her outdoor experiences during filming both at home and abroad whilst Bellamy will lead nature walks around the castle grounds.
Bradbury said: “After the success of last year’s event, I was honoured to again be given the opportunity to help celebrate the nation’s love of camping, caravanning and the great outdoors."
“I have been lucky enough to experience some of the world’s most beautiful locations and I love the outdoors lifestyle."
“Warwick Castle is a fantastic venue to bring new and experienced campers together to encourage them to enjoy the freedom of the outdoors with The Camping and Caravanning Club.”
Bellamy added: “I always relish the chance to get some grass between my toes and explore the environmental delights that camping and caravanning has to offer."
“I’ll be using my nature walks to see what I can find at Warwick Castle whilst reminding visitors that camping and caravanning is all about getting close to nature, enjoying the outdoors and celebrating the wonders of the countryside.”
The New to Camping event, staged on the Pageant Field, will run across two days (Wednesday, June 2 and Thursday, June 3) as part of National Camping and Caravanning Week (May 29 to June 4).
There will be fun for all of the family with a number of activities for children, including colouring competitions sponsored by Club Care Insurance, face painting, bouncy castles and treasure hunts.
Adults will also have the opportunity to gain expert advice on a range of camping issues such as the correct footwear and clothing to choosing the most suitable tents and equipment. Free goody bags will also be available on the days.
The Club is also offering a two for one ticket to Warwick Castle for the days of the event which can be downloaded from http://www.newtocamping.co.uk.
For further media information or images, please contact:
Jon Dale, 024 7647 5204 jon.dale(at)thefriendlyclub(dot)co(dot)uk
Kim Blythe, 024 7647 5224 kim.blythe(at)thefriendlyclub(dot)co(dot)uk
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
2. http://www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
3. National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site