We’re now at the point where we can help companies take advantage of significantly lower pricing by shaping their demand and spreading out consumption.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) May 18, 2010
Prenova, Inc., a privately held energy services provider helping leading brands control energy spend, announces that it saved retail customers over $100 million in 2009. These results were achieved through a combination of services that include securing lower utility rates, reducing energy consumption, minimizing unplanned service calls, and extending the life of energy consuming assets like HVAC, lighting systems, and refrigeration equipment.
Savings highlights include:
- Prenova saved customers over 380 million kilowatt-hours in 2009 by reducing their energy consumption.
- A national big-box retailer saw energy costs reduced by $4.7 million as a result of Prenova’s continuous commissioning and remote monitoring services.
- Prenova ensured that a furniture retailer’s corporate energy standards were maintained consistently across their entire portfolio, helping the retailer shave year-over-year electricity consumption by 10%.
- Remote monitoring of EMS-equipped stores helped a rapidly growing discount chain keep energy intensity – a key metric – more than 11% below the baseline established for EMS-equipped stores before monitoring began.
- Average energy rates secured for Prenova customers in 2009 were 33% lower than the national average.
- Prenova helped a leading home improvement retailer save almost 25% on electricity in a key market with a strategy that supported the customer’s risk management objectives.
“Prenova continues to save customers money year after year by becoming an agent of change within their organization,” said Michael J. Nark, Prenova’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “Our approach is unique in that we not only understand our customers’ historical energy requirements, but because we’re helping them control energy use at the store level, we also have a clear picture of their future needs. By bringing both halves of the equation together, we can drive greater savings. We’re now at the point where we can help companies take advantage of significantly lower pricing by shaping their demand and spreading out consumption.”
Reducing energy consumption and securing lower rates are only two of the factors that helped Prenova deliver over $100 million in savings to its retail customers in 2009. The company’s patented Remote Monitoring solution also extends asset life and reduces the need for emergency service calls by expensive technicians.
Prenova’s experienced technicians monitor the performance of critical building systems (e.g., HVAC, lighting, refrigeration) to ensure they are operating efficiently and providing a comfortable environment for customers and employees. Using trend data gathered from in-store energy management equipment, they search for inefficient operating conditions and potential asset failures. When problems are identified, they can often be resolved without the need to dispatch a field services vendor. In 2009, Prenova helped retailers avoid over 14,000 unplanned service calls by addressing equipment issues remotely.
Prenova helps companies control energy spend by reducing utility costs and improving energy efficiency. We work hand-in-hand with our customers to develop an energy strategy that fits their unique business needs. Then we help them implement this strategy consistently across the organization by providing services that span the entire energy life cycle. From sourcing energy to controlling energy consumption, Prenova’s solutions can reduce energy spend by 10-20%. That’s why companies like Burger King, Costco, Dollar Tree, Dress Barn, and The Home Depot turn to Prenova.
For more information, please visit http://www.prenova.com.
# # #