All bikers have a dream, whether it's a custom-made set of leathers, riding through America, or getting their hands on a bike they've had their eye on for years. Bennetts Biker Dreams is literally giving bikers, or even non-bikers who want to get into riding, the opportunity to apply and have their ultimate biker dream granted.
London (PRWEB) May 18, 2010
Bennetts Biker Dreams, which launches this week, is open to anyone over the age of 18 and living in the UK. Entries to the campaign will be accepted until 30th September 2010, with dreams awarded at the end of each month and even beyond the closing date until the £80,000 prize fund is used up.
World Superbike rider James Toseland will front the campaign and will join the judging panel to decide on the most deserving applicants. The Bennetts-sponsored rider said, "All bikers have a dream, whether it's a custom-made set of leathers, riding through America, or getting their hands on a bike they've had their eye on for years. Bennetts Biker Dreams is literally giving bikers, or even non-bikers who want to get into riding, the opportunity to apply and have their ultimate biker dream granted."
"For me, the opportunity to ride down Route 66 would be a dream come true. I've ridden some of the best circuits in the world but I'd love to experience the thrill of making my way down the open road in America. If you like the idea of experiencing your ultimate biker dream, simply visit http://www.bennetts.co.uk/dreams to tell us your biker fantasy, and you never know, it just might come true!"
Hannah Squirrell, Marketing Director for Bennetts says, "We wanted to do something completely different to celebrate our 80th birthday and what better than offering bikers a chance to get their hands on a share of over £80,000 worth of biker dreams. There are no set rules regarding what prizes will and won't be awarded, we are literally throwing it open to bikers to tell us how we can grant their biker dream and why. With so much on offer, bikers should visit http://www.bennetts.co.uk/dreams to complete the entry form or upload a video telling us their biker dream."
- Based on brand tracking research in April 2009
** Terms and conditions apply:
- Entries of dreams will run from 3rd May 2010 until 30th September 2010.
- A minimum of 1 prize will be awarded at the end of each month, more could be awarded subject to the value of the prize.
- Additional prizes will be awarded at the end of the campaign until the value of £80k's worth of prizes is reached
- Individual dreams will be capped to a maximum amount of £10k per dream
- Judging will be based upon demonstration of passion for biking within their entry, as well as quality, originality and validity of the dream.
- We reserve the right to offer a cash prize on the provision of receipts as and when necessary.
** Based on independent online research from Consumer Intelligence during August 2009
For further information, contact details or photography please contact:
Corinna Field or Sophie Smallwood at Frank PR on 020 7693 6999
THE BACKGROUND TO BENNETTS
- Bennetts was established in Coventry by the Bennetts family in 1930 to provide insurance services to people throughout the West Midlands.
- In the early 1980's Bennetts decided to devise a number of specialist insurance schemes that would meet the needs of different types of biker. These schemes are constantly reviewed to give bikers the exact cover they need, from moped insurance through to cover for a superbike.
- In 2000 Bennetts was the first motorcycle insurance specialist to offer the ability to buy insurance online, through its website, http://www.bennetts.co.uk.
- In October 2001, the Bennetts brand was acquired by the BGL Group (formerly the Budget Group of Companies), through its purchase of the Dial Direct Group, a major UK car insurance intermediary.
- The BGL Group was established in 1992, and has grown to be the UK's third largest personal lines insurance intermediary, through a combination of organic growth and a series of major strategic acquisitions.
- The BGL Group now arranges and administers insurance for around 2.3 million customers with more than £600million GWP. It has contact centre operations in Peterborough, Coventry, Sunderland, Peterlee and Cape Town, South Africa. It currently employs over 2000 people and its head office is in Peterborough.
- In May 2003, Bennetts unveiled its new brand identity to the industry.
- Bennetts became personal sponsor of former World Superbike Champion Neil Hodgson in May 2003.
- In April 2009 independent brand tracking research identified Bennetts as the UK's number one brand for motorbike insurance.
- In January 2005, Bennetts signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the history of the brand by becoming title sponsor of the 2005 Bennetts British Superbike Championship. Bennetts continued its sponsorship of the British Superbike Championship in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
- In June 2007, Bennetts became official series sponsor of the World Superbike Championship for the remainder of the 2007 championship and for the whole of the 2008 championship.
- Bennetts is personal sponsor of Moto GP contender and former World Superbike Champion James Toseland since July 2007.
- Today, with over 30 years of experience Bennetts offer competitive quotes, additional cover, additional discounts from Bennetts Exclusives, regardless of whether you're after scooter insurance or cover for your superbike