Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) May 19, 2010
With over forty years of sales and marketing experience, as well as owning over a dozen companies, Philip Gerber utilizes that experience to coach business owners on how to grow their income by hiring effective salespeople.
In his new book: "Managing Salespeople: A Business Owner's Guide," Gerber saves business owners from the frustration caused by incompetent salespeople or even the lack of sales. Rather than outlining problems, this book is about solutions and getting results.
The number one mistake business owners make is to hire someone they like to sell for them, instead of hiring someone who is likeable. It's vital to hire someone who can sell. "Over 50% of the salespeople I worked with were nice people, but they couldn't sell. I also discovered that many of the people who could sell would have been better off selling a different service or product than what they were selling," he said.
Learn the following concepts that will drive sales:
- The one trait to look for that all successful salespeople have
- Nine vital questions to ask every applicant in a job interview
- Important attributes that determine if a person can sell or not
- Different compensation models and how to calculate the right sales commission
- How to set clear expectations before the hire
- The importance of training and what to cover
- Sample sales reports and the most important measurements to track
- How to determine if it's the salesperson or some other factor when sales drop
- How to motivate, reward or even fire salespeople
- Printable forms to use including non-compete agreements and a sales contract
- How to hire, train and manage a sales manager
- How to hire, train and manage telemarketers
Gerber's first book is titled: "Cut the B.S. or How to Sell Like a Professional in a Couple of Hours." As Bottom Line Consultants, Gerber helps organizations improve their sales and marketing. His simple approach to sales has enabled even novice salespeople to become over-night stars.
Purchase a copy of "Managing Salespeople: A Business Owner's Guide" at Amazon, http://www.happyabout.com/managingsalespeople.php, and other fine retailers.
PUBLISHER: Happy About
TITLE: Managing Salespeople
SUBTITLE: A Business Owner's Guide
AUTHOR: Philip Gerber
DATE OF PUBLICATION: 5/1/10
PRICE: Paperback $19.95, eBook $14.95
ISBN Paperback: 978-1-60005-181-4 (1-60005-181-2)
eBook: 978-1-60005-182-1 (1-60005-182-0)
About Happy About®:
Happy About® books educate, entertain and evoke. You will quickly gain wisdom with our smaller, compact, high-impact books. Visit Happy About at http://happyabout.com, http://42rules.com and http://thinkaha.com for more info. For quantity discounts, please contact the publisher, Mitchell Levy at mlevy(at)happyabout(dot)info, 408-257-3000. If you want to explore publishing a nonfiction business book, we don't need a long book proposal. Please, contact the publisher and ask for the "6 questions" or go to this url: http://happyabout.com/contribute.php.
A free copy of the book is available to the press upon request. Please send an e-mail to presscopy(at)happyabout(dot)info