With MeeGenius!, my co-founder and I wanted to create a site that would be inviting and easily accessible for both parents and children,” said co-founder, Wandy Yeap Hoh, “while at the same time making reading a fun, interactive and engaging experience.
New York (PRWEB) May 20, 2010
Wandy Yeap Hoh and David Park, co-founders of MeeGenius! (http://www.meegenius.com), are pleased to announce the debut of the company’s digital reading application for Web, iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (http://www.meegenius.com/iphone).
Based on the simple principle that children learn the most when they love what they are doing, MeeGenius! is a children’s app and Website that not only digitizes beloved children’s classics and new stories, but also allows parents and kids to personalize books - the characters in the “Princess and the Pea,” for example, can be re-named after the prince and princess in Mom and Dad’s life. With audio playback and word highlighting, MeeGenius! makes books fun and easy to read along with while developing reading comprehension skills.
After downloading the iPhone/iPad application for $1.99, parents have access to 12 introductory books for free, with additional books available as in-app purchases for $1.99 each. MeeGenius! offers a collection of childhood favorites, such as “The Three Little Pigs,” “The Boy Who Cried Wolf” and “Jack and the Beanstalk,” with new titles added on an ongoing basis. Visitors to http://www.MeeGenius.com also have access to 24 children’s titles to read online.
“My co-founder David Park and I wanted to create a site that would be inviting and easily accessible for both parents and children,” said Yeap Hoh, “while at the same time making reading a fun, interactive and engaging experience.”
Park, MeeGenius! co-founder, added, “All of MeeGenius’s books come with audio playback and word highlighting, and can be personalized just the way you like them. Just answer a few questions, and presto, the book is rewritten for you.”
Founded less than two years ago by parents Yeap Hoh and Park, MeeGenius! is already receiving rave reviews from parents, media and industry groups. MeeGenius! has been downloaded thousands of times from iTunes and is among the top ten paid book apps on the site. It was highlighted in iTunes’ as "New and Noteworthy,” then "What's Hot," and most recently as an iPad "Staff Favorite." MeeGenius! is available now at http://www.MeeGenius.com or via the Apple app store at http://itunes.apple.com/app/meegenius/id364734296?mt=8. Authors and illustrators may visit http://www.MeeGenius.com/publish to learn more about publishing with MeeGenius!.
MeeGenius’s founders expect to expand their offerings to thousands of entertaining children’s book titles over the next few years.
What people are saying about MeeGenius!:
- "A collection of beautifully illustrated classic books that come with audio playback, word highlighting, and personalization so you can read your child’s favorite stories to him on the road or under the blanket.” - Red Tricycle Parents Blog and E-newsletter
- After Oprah declared on her show, "[The iPad] is going to change the way kids learn," her Tech Guru @owasow tweeted: "Other good interactive books for kids on iPad: Toy Story, MeeGenius, Cat in the Hat..."
- “What a wonderful app! My kids absolutely love these 'smart books.' My two year old loves the stories and my 4.5 year old tries to "read along"...a win-win for all.” – Parent
- “My kids loooove it and feel self confident about reading because they are able to read along with the narrator! It's an awesome app, a must have for developing early reading skills in a kid friendly way.” – Parent
- "MeeGenius is one the absolute best app on the iPhone! As a parent, teacher and certified Mac geek, the iPhone and iPad are the best educational platforms for kids of all ages (including myself). Of the hundreds and hundreds of apps I have used, MeeGenius is, without a doubt, the best app I have come across and justifies any iPhone or iPad purchase." – Parent and Teacher
For updates, follow MeeGenius! on Twitter: twitter.com/meegenius or
Become a Fan of MeeGenius! on Facebook: facebook.com/meegenius
Media contacts: Julie Jarratt or Tish Gallegos, Glodow Nead Communications, (415) 394-6500
# # #