We continue to upgrade our software to respond to new features our customers' request
New York, NY (Vocus) May 21, 2010
Nomadesk, developer of the easiest and most secure cloud storage and file sharing software, today unveiled several new service enhancements to its online and local desktop dashboards. Based on customer feedback, Nomadesk 4.0 includes File Versioning and Revisions through its online dashboard, which allows users to view and restore previous backup versions of files up to seven days back and create an unlimited number of “snap shots.” Nomadesk 4.0 also expands FolderLink and Widget functionality to now be accessed through the desktop dashboard in addition to the online dashboard. These tools have already proven to open the door for secure and easy collaboration with people inside and outside one’s network.
What differentiates Nomadesk from other cloud storage products is its ability to offer SMBs a Team Fileserver in the Cloud for $15/month with:
- Unlimited, secure storage and backup, including 256-bit local encryption and Theftguard for shredding files remotely and locating lost mobile devices
- Easy synchronization with multiple PCs and Macs
- Collaboration on files online and offline with special FolderLink, FileLink and Widget features that function as a FTP replacements/enhancements
- Remote and mobile file access from anywhere and on any mobile device (iPhone or Smartphone)
- 24/7/365 live chat technical support
- No “per user charge”
- Eliminate FTP server and VPN and costs of IT maintenance
“We continue to upgrade our software to respond to new features our customers’ request,” said Nomadesk CEO Filip Tack. “Versioning and revisions have been brought in by popular demand. Our customers want the ability to keep multiple versions of a file in order to revert back whenever they see fit. By allowing ‘manual snapshots,’ Nomadesk users can build their own instant backups. The new and improved FolderLink/FileLink management feature allows users to keep track of the files and folders they are sharing while giving users the ability to revoke a link or view the number of downloads.”
Other New Features Offered with Nomadesk 4.0:
- Search Functionality – to find files instantly when working online
- Automatic Thumbnail View – folders with many pictures will automatically switch to thumbnail view
- Link Management – view, track and manage sent FileLinks, FolderLinks and Widgets
- Guest Permissions – control and define guest permissions when inviting someone into your team fileserver
- Transfer File Ownership – allows users to hand over ownership of a Fileserver
- Image Preview for Widget – Folders embedded in a website or blog now support image and PDF preview
- Download and install Nomadesk directly from the online dashboard
- Theftguard user experience improvements
- Nomadesk FileLink for Microsoft Outlook® – This is an add-in that prompts users to convert files from attachments to FileLinks (here is how it works: http://blog.nomadesk.com/news/new-nomadesk-for-windows-integrates-filelink-with-microsoft-outlook/)
- Create a FolderLink – Select any folder on your Team Fileserver and share it with anyone in or outside your team – supports anonymous file uploads.
- Folder Widget – Embed any folder from your Team Fileserver and publish it on any website – supports anonymous file uploads.
- Mac Services Menu Support – Create a FileLink,FolderLink and WidgetLink right from the desktop.
- Guest Access Settings – Define guest permissions when inviting someone to your Team Fileserver.
Millions of people risk losing their unprotected, critical data every day. As the amount of unprotected data stored on multiple devices increases, it becomes harder to synchronize and easier to lose. Keeping data secure, synchronized, backed up and available can be expensive and require in-house IT expertise. Whether customers are online or offline, working at the office or on the road, Nomadesk allows business teams to secure, sync and share data with no limits or change in behavior. Each Nomadesk virtual file server acts just like a hard drive, storing important documents in one place with local and remote access from a PC, Mac, iPhone or Smartphone. Users simply drag and drop their docs into a virtual file server, and files are immediately encrypted, backed up and available for file sharing. For a flat monthly per server fee, SMB teams can now predict the budget for their collaborative workflow.
“Many of our customers are amazed that guests have free access to a team members’ Nomadesk file server, making it easy to predict and budget collaboration workflow,” added Filip Tack. “Another differentiator is that you can have more than one account with Nomadesk to separate personal and business stuff, and you can have multiple fileservers on one account to collaborate with different teams. And, each fileserver has a unique email address, so team members can email docs right into the Nomadesk fileserver or drive.”
"I'm a Mac user and have been looking for a product that has the capability to improve collaboration, while safely storing my stuff," said Caroline Vanderstede, a creative designer at Mojoville. "The online dashboard is fast and easy to use. As a creative designer, much of my work consists of large files that are difficult to email and risky to forward back and forth on a thumb drive or memory stick. Nomadesk's security features are one of the biggest reasons why I selected their product for my small business."
With U.S. headquarters in New York and world headquarters in Ghent, Belgium, Nomadesk is a leading provider of cloud storage and file sharing software that enables users to access, share and safeguard files from any location, whether online or offline. Nomadesk is the easiest and most secure way to collaborate and backup critical files. Bringing the power of cloud computing to small businesses, Nomadesk alleviates the hassles and minimizes the high costs of traditional document management solutions, as well as online storage pay-per-user models. For only $15 per month per fileserver, an unlimited number of team members can access, share and save docs with unlimited* storage capacity. In addition, Theftguard™ provides advanced tracking and allows users to spot a stolen or misplaced device on Google Maps and remotely shred all important documents from their fileserver. Nomadesk software can be downloaded on http://www.nomadesk.com and easily installed with a 30-day free trial. The company received $4.25M Series A funding led by Gimv Venture Capital (http://www.gimv.com). To learn more about Nomadesk, visit http://www.nomadesk.com , become a Nomadesk fan or watch this 2-min video.
*Subject to Fair Use Policy
John Sperrazzo / Nomadesk PR / Eye-To-Eye Communications, Inc. / 858-565-9800 / john(at)eyetoeyepr(dot)com