New Orleans, LA (PRWEB) May 22, 2010
TurboSquid, home to the world’s largest collection of royalty-free 3D models, and the exclusive worldwide publisher and distributor for the Autodesk Certified Animation Plug-in (ACAP) program, is pleased to announce the release of FumeFX 2.0. This upgrade to the popular special effects plug-in boasts several exciting new features and enhancements, including:
- Wavelet Turbulence mode allows users to add extra detail to low resolution simulations without losing their original motion or timing.
- Post processing gives users the ability to tighten (shrink) the FumeFX grid as much as possible around smoke and fire to limit memory consumption.
- Retiming lets users slow down and speed up their FumeFX simulation caches.
- Fuel-specific weight parameter allows you to increase weight of the fuel causing it to be directly affected by the gravity.
- New FumeFX_Burn WSM allows you to affect your mesh's vertex color based on FumeFX values.
- New FumeFX Source: You can now use one FumeFX source as the source for another FumeFX simulation.
- New Void Source erases all the fields inside or outside of it (depending on the settings).
- Temperature can now control where fire creates smoke. When temperature is above a set threshold, smoke will be added to the grid.
- Turbulence and Forces are now visible inside the viewport even if grid is not simulated.
- The FumeFX Object Source helper now can handle multiple objects in a single helper.
- The FumeFX Particle Source helper now uses AfterBurn style controls.
- Auto Synchronize Paths option now added to Global FumeFX Preferences so that when you change the Delault Output path, any Wavelet Turbulence, Retiming and Preview Window paths will be changed automatically as well.
- In the Preferences dialog, you can now change Presets folder.
- The FumeFX Preview Window will now update if you rotate the active viewport.
- You can now change the Preview path from within the FumeFX UI
- The Velocity channel has been added to the list of FusionWorks Render Elements.
- Additional MAXScript commands have been added for superior scripted controls of the entire FumeFX 2.0 process.
"The new features in FumeFX 2.0 help us tremendously in production,” says Kirby Miller of Blur Studio. “I save a lot of time by reusing simulations from previous projects, and then running Wavelet to get more detail for closeup shots. And now, when the client says, "I love the shape and motion of the smoke, I just want it about three time slower," instead of screaming in frustration I can just kick off the retimer and the shot is done. Pretty awesome stuff! I don't know how I could get it all done on time without some of the new FumeFX 2.0 features."
"It always amazes me what artists have done with the original FumeFX plug-in,” says Beau Perschall, VP of Business Development at TurboSquid. “Even simple animation tests can be jaw-dropping. FumeFX 2.0 offers so many more features and control over the simulation system that I'm excited to see what incredible new effects these same artists will create with it over the coming months."
Pricing and Availability
FumeFX 2.0 has a suggested retail price of $845 US and is available starting May 19, 2010 from TurboSquid and from authorized resellers around the world. Upgrades are $195 for customers who purchased FumeFX 1.0 before February 1, 2010, and free for those who purchased after that date. For a reseller near you, contact sales(at)turbosquid(dot)com.
Founded in 2000, TurboSquid is dedicated to the management and distribution of digital products and other relevant content for 3D and 2D designers and creative professionals. TurboSquid provides a global market for digital products by enabling individual and corporate users to list, promote and sell their content to users around the world. In 2003, TurboSquid was named as the exclusive publisher and worldwide distributor for the Autodesk Certified Animation Plug-in Program. http://www.turbosquid.com
About Sitni Sati
Sitni Sati was founded in 1999 and quickly became recognized in the field of FX software development. Innovative ideas and extensive research of the natural phenomena make FumeFX one of the best selling special effects plug-ins for 3ds Max. http://www.afterworks.com
# # #