What is most interesting for development is the tool integration demand in the form of connecting to a help desk/service desk, because change tickets are often the initiator of a project.
Emeryville, Calif. (Vocus) May 26, 2010
Aldon, the ALM company for IT compliance, today announced Aldon Community Manager 9.5.3, the latest release of its powerful web-based IT service management (ITSM) solution unifying the service desk with application development as well as across IT operations. Equipped with new and enhanced features that include a more intuitive user interface for optimized user experiences, expanded workflow options, tighter integration with Aldon Lifecycle Manager and Aldon Report Manager, and an updated technology platform, Aldon Community Manager 9.5.3 continues to elevate best practices for ITSM and help the development lifecycle run more smoothly.
Aldon Community Manager serves as the hub where IT can easily capture, automate, and govern an entire IT organization’s response to all business, technical, and operational issues. From the moment a change request is posted, the service desk routes the request through user-defined workflows, assigning tasks, and notifying stakeholders when necessary and appropriate. There are built-in areas for notes, discussions, email, and chats, allowing users to communicate with each other throughout the change lifecycle. And all emails, notes, chats and other discussions are connected to the change request for later review by authorized users.
In the 2009 Gartner research report, MarketScope for Application Life Cycle Management, analysts highlight the service desk’s evolving role in the development side of the house stating, “What is most interesting for development is the tool integration demand in the form of connecting to a help desk/service desk, because change tickets are often the initiator of a project.”
From poor prioritization of projects to shaky approval processes, to fuzzy requirements to compliance issues, there are many reasons IT groups are adding a sophisticated IT service desk to their application development systems. The right service desk will alleviate these issues, while uniting teams, automating processes, and getting business and IT collaborating.
Key New Features in Aldon Community Manager 9.5.3 include:
Expanded Workflow Options and Integration
- Comprehensive Approval and Change Management: Expanded workflow options will help users better align requests with the overall change management process. Users will be able to make approval comments required upon all change request approvals, disapprovals, or deferrals. The solution will automatically update change request information as part of approval workflow.
- Simplified change request distribution: Users will now be able to disseminate change request information to all stakeholders in reports and email notifications, get custom reports which detail full change approval information, and mirror various change approval states in change request fields for easier visibility and inclusion in notifications.
- Tighter Service Level Management: Role-based service level field permissions and customizable Service Level Agreements (SLA) schedules ensure optimal service desk quality with improved SLA management.
- Streamlined Configuration Management: Automatic configuration item (CI) linking and the ability to include CI information in email notices anticipate the information needed and help distribute it to the appropriate stakeholders.
Enhanced User Experience
- Intuitive, Accessible User Interface: The optimized interface displays only the information you need or requested, and the new home screen provides easy access to the most frequently used options, resulting in quicker resolution.
- Enhanced Usability for Agents: Users will be able to handle input and requests faster and more efficiently with new features like Quick Edit, One-click access for current date and time, Auto-check assignees, and an easy-to-use rich text editor.
- More Efficient and Flexible Workflow for Administrator: Users will be able to complete tasks without leaving the main screen, be able to reuse escalation templates, will have role-based policies, and direct search will be simplified.
New Technology Platform
- New 64-bit Support: Allows organizations to stay current as the new standard for x64 servers becomes the preferred hardware for Windows and Linux servers.
- Comprehensive user information database
Aldon is the ALM company for IT compliance. For over 30 years, we have been the experts in providing application lifecycle management solutions to ensure that change management, collaboration, and compliance are applied consistently across all areas of IT. Through our user-centric approach to process management, our service, change, and release management products help you focus on what you do best—providing superior services, rapidly developing applications, and efficiently managing your IT operations. Behind the scenes, we help you increase productivity, accelerate time-to-market, fully understand your IT assets, and easily achieve compliance with regulatory standards. A true testament to our products is our customer base with over 1,300 companies worldwide in over 70 of the Fortune 100. These companies rely upon our solutions to manage their global IT business and operations processes including application development, network operations, and services management. We are headquartered in Emeryville, California and have offices around the world serving more than 60 countries.