We're going to have access to real-time reporting so that every user will have the latest accurate information on demand
Colchester, Essex (PRWeb UK) May 26, 2010
Access, the mid-market consulting, software and solutions provider announces today that international disaster relief charity ShelterBox has chosen to implement Access Dimensions to facilitate the continued growth of the organisation. Access, which has many years of experience working with the not-for-profit sector, will provide ShelterBox with real-time reporting and effective management information to reduce costs and give management a clearer idea of how well the charity is operating.
Michael Johns, head of finance for ShelterBox, said, “ShelterBox is fast growing, successful and unique in the aid world. We fill a niche role and aim to be a world leader in the provisions of disaster shelter within the next five years. The approach of the charity is ‘keep it simple –do it now’ and we needed a back-office solution which reflected that – Access Dimensions seemed to fit the bill.”
ShelterBox wanted a solution that could provide management and stock control information and manage increasing volumes; three years ago it was sending out 5000 boxes a year – it is now up to 25000 boxes. “We’re going to have access to real-time reporting so that every user will have the latest accurate information on demand,” continued Michael. “Previously reporting had been time-consuming and much of the information was outdated as soon as the report was generated. Now it will be much more effective, enabling us to drill down into the data, providing greater visibility of information and allowing us to make more informed management decisions.”
In addition to Access Dimensions, ShelterBox will also be using Dashboard allowing the management team to log on from around the world, which is particularly useful when attending disasters in remote locations. Darren Clifton-Jones, account manager for Access, said, “The Dimensions system is the perfect fit for ShelterBox, allowing them to improve their management reporting capabilities and stock control, while also introducing Microsoft Office integration and Dashboard. ShelterBox donors track their boxes when they have been dispatched to disaster areas around the world; we’re providing a stock control solution that will integrate this with the warehouse.”
ShelterBox is an international disaster relief charity that delivers emergency shelter, warmth and dignity to people affected by disaster worldwide – Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cornwall is Royal Patron and President of the charity. For more information on ShelterBox visit http://www.shelterbox.org .
For further details on Access contact Matt Newman on 0845 345 3300. Alternatively, keep up-to-date by following Access on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/theaccessgroup.
- Access is a consulting, software and solutions provider, serving the mid-market.
- The consulting services are backed by more than 65 accredited consultants, providing business software expertise. They operate nationally out of 10 offices in the UK and Ireland.
- The software portfolio provides solutions to meet the needs of the whole organisation, helping to reduce complexity and increase efficiencies at every level. In addition to accounting and finance, Access also offers manufacturing software, professional services automation, and accounting for carbon emissions reporting. Other software solutions include distribution and warehousing, HR and payroll, document management, service and contract management and CRM and sales automation.
Accreditations and memberships:
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Business Application Software Developers Association (BASDA)
- HM Revenue & Customs: Payroll Standards Scheme
- Green IT Awards 2010 for 'Environmental Accounting Software of the Year'
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Awards 2009, Green Software Provider of the Year Award
- Manufacturer of the Year Awards 2009 for 'IT in Manufacturing', won by customer Renthal for its use of the Access Supply Chain solution
- Construction Computing Awards 2009, 'Construction Accounting Software of the Year' and shortlisted for 'Environmental Product of the Year'
- Accountancy Age Award 2008 and 2009 for the best 'Mid-tier Software Package'
- SIFT Media Software Satisfaction Award 2008, for the second year running, in the category of best 'Mid-Range Software'
Media information for Access:
Head of Group PR
T: 01206 322575 / 07833 936311
F: 01206 322956
T: 01206 322575