Amsterdam, The Netherlands (PRWEB) May 27, 2010
Phreakware has released a Mac OS X version of the EZlect masking plug-in for Adobe Photoshop. Now available for both Windows and Mac OS X, EZlect makes it easy to quickly create beautifully anti-aliased selections, just by clicking on the object and background areas in an image.
Creating selections is a basic image manipulation task, allowing you to isolate objects in an image so they can be edited independently or be placed on a different background. However, Photoshop's built-in tools are inadequate for all but the simplest images. Some third-party selection plug-ins give better results, but typically require tediously tracing all edges of the area to select, which takes a lot of time.
EZlect introduces a new approach to making selections. You just click on the object and background areas in the image. EZlect instantly calculates the most likely selection based on the edges between the marked areas, which usually takes less than a second. Because the result is shown so quickly, it's easy to interactively refine the selection, just by clicking and placing new object and background markers. With EZlect, you typically have a fully anti-aliased selection ready in less than a minute.
- Create and refine a selection just by pointing and clicking
- Instant recalculation of the selection as soon as you place a new marker
- Very fast: calculating a selection including soft anti-aliasing typically takes less than a second for a 10-megapixel photo
- All calculations take place in the background, so you never have to wait
- Five different levels of anti-aliasing, from sharp to very soft
- View selection as dotted edge or by masking the original image with the current selection
- Seamless zooming and panning, like in Photoshop, using the same keyboard shortcuts
- Save/restore marker positions
- Available both as a selection plug-in and as a filter plug-in (in which case the background is removed from the current layer)
- Supports 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit RGB and grayscale images, and 8-bit and 16-bit CMYK and Lab images
- Compatible with all versions of Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Corel Paint Shop Pro, and other graphics software that supports Photoshop plug-ins
Whether you are a graphic designer, a professional photographer, a computer artist or an enthusiast wishing to touch up photos and other images: EZlect is the easiest and quickest way to make high-quality selections in Adobe Photoshop and compatible programs.
EZlect is now available for EUR 79, USD 99 or GBP 69 on http://www.ezlect.com. There is a fully functional 30-day trial version. EZlect is compatible with all 32-bit versions of Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Corel Paint Shop Pro, and any other graphics software that supports Photoshop plug-ins. EZlect requires either Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.5, or Windows 7, Vista or XP.