The primary conclusions of our research suggest that the US housing market could be headed toward a period of stagnation or potentially another downdraft absent additional stimulus from the government.” Bradley Safalow, Founder and CEO, PAA Research
New York, NY (PRWEB) May 27, 2010
PAA Research LLC, a leading independent investment research firm, released a seminal report on the US residential real estate market today entitled: "A View From the Frontlines of Housing". The report includes a comprehensive review of housing market trends at the national, regional, and state level. PAA Research conducted a survey of more than 1,000 residential real estate brokers nationwide to support the company’s findings about the housing market.
“Although there have been some signs of recovery in the housing market over the past several months including new and existing home sales for the month of April, the primary conclusions of our research suggest that the US residential real estate market could be headed toward a period of stagnation, or potentially another downdraft absent additional stimulus from the federal government.” said Bradley Safalow, Founder and CEO of PAA Research LLC.
“Our survey of 1,000 residential real estate brokers has enabled us to offer unique perspectives on the US housing market at a national, regional, and state level.” added Mr. Safalow.
Some of the key findings of the report include the following:
- 61% of the brokers we surveyed have witnessed a YOY decline in home prices in their local market this Spring – prices have yet to stabilize.
- 59% of respondents indicated that inventory levels in their local market are too high.
- 73% of the real estate brokers we surveyed had only one bidder on the housing transaction on which they most recently worked - buyers continue to be cautious.
- 67% of mortgages are being issued with down payments of 0-10%, even though credit availability remains tight.
- 59% of the real estate brokers we surveyed have witnessed a decline in lead flow and transaction inquiries since the expiration of the housing tax credit.
“PAA Research is focused on providing investors with compelling investment ideas. This report represents the first in what will be a series of research studies on the US housing sector. We think it will dramatically enhance our subscribers’ understanding of one of the most critical segments of the US economy” added Mr. Safalow.
Existing subscribers can download the report at no additional cost. Interested parties can also purchase the report and surveys for an additional one-time fee at PAA Research’s website .
About PAA Research LLC
Founded in April 2009 by a Wall Street veteran of both the buy and sell-side, PAA Research is a leading independent investment research firm. The firm provides investment ideas backed by extensive fundamental and primary research to professional money managers and high net worth individuals. The company strives to generate action-oriented investment ideas with high absolute return potential. All of the company's research can be found at its website: http://www.pleaseactaccordingly.com/