The Wake Up With Dairy promotion reminds us that the best tasting breakfasts are made with REAL dairy products...June Dairy Month is the perfect opportunity to treat your family to a hearty breakfast on the farm or at home with our delicious recipes.
Madison, WI (PRWEB) May 28, 2010
The Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board is celebrating June Dairy Month with a tribute to the most important meal of the day—breakfast. The Wake Up with Dairy campaign honors the tradition of breakfast on the dairy farm with a collection of recipes, an interactive dairy farm breakfast locator map and a retail floor standing kiosk.
“The Wake Up With Dairy promotion reminds us that the best tasting breakfasts are made with REAL dairy products,” said Dave Bavlnka, vice president of Advertising at WMMB. “June Dairy Month is the perfect opportunity to treat your family to a hearty breakfast on the farm or at home with our delicious recipes.”
The collection of 12 new recipes feature traditional breakfast favorites with a dairy-friendly twist, including Wisconsin Blue Benedict Sandwiches, Breakfast Fondue and Tiramisu Smoothies. Six recipes are highlighted in a free recipe brochure available in Wake Up with Dairy kiosks at dairy breakfasts and participating supermarkets across Wisconsin or at http://www.WakeUpWithDairy.com.
The Wake Up With Dairy website also encourages families to participate in one of June Dairy Month’s most popular traditions—breakfast on the dairy farm. http://www.WakeUpWithDairy.com features an interactive dairy breakfast locator map searchable by county and date for information about events and locations.
- 93 percent of Americans agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, yet less than half (44 percent) eat breakfast everyday.
- We are eating more breakfast meals than ever before. We eat more than 330 breakfasts each year.
- We spend about 13 minutes of our day eating breakfast. We spend twice as much time eating lunch and dinner: 30 minutes and 24 minutes, respectively.
- One out of four consumers (25%) often treat themselves to a large, traditional breakfast on the weekend.
- Breakfast helps lessen stress, jumpstart metabolism and boost energy.
- Milk and milk products are a source of protein, calcium, zinc, magnesium, vitamin B12 and riboflavin, naturally providing fuel for the day.
- Calcium, found in milk and dairy products, helps build and maintain healthy teeth and bones, keeps your heart beating steadily and your blood, nerves and muscles working correctly. Yet most Americans get only half the calcium they need from their diet(Facts gathered from The International Food Information Council Foundation, dietitian.com, Technomic, Mintel Market Research, NPD group and wisdairy.com).
- Wisconsin Blue Benedict Sandwich—an amped-up breakfast sandwich that is surprisingly simple to make, featuring Wisconsin Blue and Wisconsin Fresh Mozzarella Cheese.
- Tiramisu Smoothie—Wisconsin Mascarpone Cheese, ice cream and espresso power this sweet and satisfying brunch dessert.
- Breakfast Fondue—Indulge in this Wisconsin Swiss, Wisconsin Gouda and Wisconsin Muenster cheese fondue, ideal for a weekend brunch and a great way to sneak fruit onto kids' plates.
# # #