Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) May 28, 2010
AvePoint, the leading provider of infrastructure management software solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, today announced the company's flagship product, the DocAve Software Platform, is a finalist for the 2010 Best of Tech•Ed Award for "Best SharePoint Product". This prestigious award, presented by Windows IT Pro Magazine and SQL Server Magazine, recognizes the industry's most innovative and effective SharePoint solution of the year. The winner will be announced at the Best of Tech•Ed party at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, June 9th, at the Hard Rock Café in New Orleans.
"We are very excited to be named a finalist for this prominent award", said Tony Lanni, AvePoint's Vice President of Corporate Strategy. "At AvePoint we constantly strive to create cutting-edge and innovative infrastructure management tools that will empower organizations to swiftly deploy, robustly protect, efficiently manage, and fully optimize their SharePoint environments. Being recognized as a Best of Tech•Ed finalist reaffirms our customers' testimonials and drives us to continue delivering best-in-class SharePoint solutions."
DocAve - One Platform to Unleash SharePoint's Potential
The Best of Tech•Ed 2010 awards recognize companies that offer innovative products to the industry. The judging panel reviewed 298 products and services submitted for the contest and chose 35 finalists to be interviewed at the Microsoft Tech•Ed North America 2010 IT pro conference in New Orleans, Louisiana. Winners will be determined at the show, then announced at an invitation-only evening reception at the Hard Rock Café on June 9th. Winners will also be announced on the Tech•Ed exhibitor's floor at 1 p.m. on June 10th, and will be published online at http://www.windowsitpro.com and http://northamerica.msteched.com.
"We amended our category choices this year to be more reflective of the products on the market in alignment with Microsoft Tech•Ed categories," said Jason Bovberg, Senior Editor of Windows IT Pro®. "Close to 300 products and services were nominated this year. Narrowing down the list of nominees to 35 finalists, from so many highly qualified products and services, was an exhaustive process for our judging panel. We're proud of our selections, and we believe our finalists represent the best of the best in their categories. As always, we chose them based on their innovation, strategic importance to the market, competitive advantage and exceptional value to customers," remarked Bovberg.
AvePoint's DocAve Software Platform offers more than 25 independently deployable modules, all piloted via a unified, browser-based interface and built upon a fully distributed architecture, to deliver the software solutions SharePoint administrators need to fully realize the platform's business benefits.
- Administration - DocAve enables organizations to practice unified management of all SharePoint permissions, users, objects, and content from a single interface for multiple SharePoint environments and instances.
- Storage Optimization - DocAve enables organizations to keep their Microsoft SQL Server 2008 resources optimized with intelligent archiving, automated, real-time binary large object (BLOB) offloading via the EBS/RBS providers, and migration-free SharePoint connectivity to network and file-share content.
- Reporting & Testing - DocAve arms administrators with a fully customizable dashboard to access all mission-critical analytics regarding SharePoint infrastructure, health, and activity, as well as resources to create fully customizable SharePoint testing environments.
- Replication & Integration - DocAve enables real-time one-way, two-way, and one-to-many synchronization of SharePoint content and configurations, within or across farms, so all end-users have access to the most up-to-date information.
- Data Protection - DocAve delivers comprehensive SharePoint data protection, with support for granular, item level through platform level backup, and swift, full-fidelity recovery of SharePoint content and architecture.
- Regulatory Compliance - DocAve delivers the comprehensive auditing, flexible reporting, and automated life-cycle management tools organizations require to meet all regulatory obligations and best practice protocols, in addition to enabling and supporting a culture of proactive compliance for SharePoint deployments.
- Migration - DocAve ensures that companies using prior versions of SharePoint (including Windows SharePoint Services v2 and v3, SharePoint Portal Server 2003, and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007), or a variety of legacy platforms, including Lotus Notes and Documentum, can perform a secure and lossless migration to Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
Join AvePoint at Booth #2501 on the Tech•Ed Exposition Floor
For more information on how the DocAve Software Platform can help you better protect, manage, integrate, optimize, and scale your SharePoint environment, stop by AvePoint's booth on the showroom floor at Tech•Ed North America for product demonstrations, literature, and a chance to win a Ducati Monster 696. Stop by booth #2501 for more details.
AvePoint is a global technology company and software innovator. Since 2001, AvePoint has been a leading provider of enterprise-strength infrastructure management solutions for all Microsoft SharePoint Server products and technologies. AvePoint's award-winning DocAve Software Platform delivers comprehensive and flexible infrastructure support for backup and recovery, replication, migration, administration, archiving, deployment management, and compliance, while piloting the products of OEM partners such as NetApp and IBM. With headquarters in Jersey City, NJ, and wholly owned engineering centers and sales offices worldwide, AvePoint serves more than 5,000 enterprise customers. AvePoint is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and GSA Certified Provider.
AvePoint Media Contact:
Tucker Hall - Director of Marketing
Tel: (201) 793-1111